Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2020, 11:47 AM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Eagle Point , Oregon
Hey, so running a generator test now. Same result in that it doesn’t move the needle on my power intake to the batteries. I also tried using the AC outlets and they are dead. So, clearly something is broken in the chain from the generator to the batteries.
A.S. Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #82
1 Rivet Member

Melbourne Beach , Florida
Garfish,
I'm wondering the same thing, Will a EU2200i start a Coleman Mach8plus 13500 BTU without an easy start kit?
byu2beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:10 AM   #83
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by byu2beach View Post
Garfish,
I'm wondering the same thing, Will a EU2200i start a Coleman Mach8plus 13500 BTU without an easy start kit?
Hi

Even if it does, there is a significant risk of frying the generator and /or the AC unit doing it for extended periods of time ..... ( = it's not just starting that matters ....)

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 04:06 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Lewisville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.S. Beauty View Post
Hey, so running a generator test now. Same result in that it doesn’t move the needle on my power intake to the batteries. I also tried using the AC outlets and they are dead. So, clearly something is broken in the chain from the generator to the batteries.
Been a while since this was posted but on my trailer, I cannot use the forward (generator) input to charge the batteries. If I want to charge the batteries I have to use the standard receptacle on the street side of the trailer.
@tflyingsquirrel
mattRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:13 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
I just purchased my 2020 AS Int. 25FB two weeks ago. We are intending to drive all over the US to visit friends and relatives. Hopefully Canada in during the summer months (When reopened) and south (Carolinas/Texas/AZ) during winter. I’m guessing boon docking will become a reality, especially with the spike in recent RV sales and campgrounds being unavailable. I originally purchased two 2200i’s with the intention of converting to propane (hutch mtn.) and running parallel until I was introduced to the micro air. Since introduced, I returned the second 2200i. Two generators running propane = 2x the propane/maintenance and more noise.
Plugged into shore power Last weekend, we popped the 30amp breaker running the AC, overhead lights, TV, DVD, vent hood, then fired up the microwave. ...oops! From now on, I will turn off AC when planning to use the microwave!!!
What will the propane converted 2200i power when not using AC? We have kids, so I can almost guarantee the tv/dvd will be on. Without AC, should I have any concerns?
How often are people using their AC? This summer in Minnesota has been hot. There are some of you In the south who see us living in igloo’s. Our heat index reached 108 last weekend. It was 92 in Bayfield WI Lake Superior...AC was a must!!!
Will the 2200i propane run the AC and charge batteries while running the refrigerator in the gas position? Generator location: I’m seeing 2200i’s being transported/mounted/stored on the AS tongue. I wouldn’t consider running there if running off of gas. There are studies confirming carbon monoxide poisoning from generator exhaust entering a structure from 16ft away under the right conditions. How clean is propane exhaust, can you run it on the tongue? If so, is there a good stainless or aluminum box available to protect the generator from rain while running which won’t affect cooling or exhaust?
All in all, AC is my main concern. If one 2200i will run everything other than AC I should be good. If the reality is I just purchased a mobile oven, I will need AC and Probably need two 2200i’s regardless. Best guess/opinions...how often are you guys running your AC?
s1000pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Welcome, good questions. The 2200 will run A/C and really nothing else except lights and TV. Turn off the A/C and you can run everything except the microwave. My microwave uses almost as much power as the A/C so I run it alone on the generator(well not really but that is a different story). With your stock charger converter, you probably not be able to charge your batteries with the A/C on the generator. In fact be sure you trip the breaker for the charger or you may overload and trip your gennie. But, it is fairly easy to plan around that and charge up your batteries at a point you are not running the A/C. I should also add, the water heater and refrig need to be on propane any time you plan to use your A/C or microwave on the gennie.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:12 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Isbrodsky, thanks for the feedback. Looks like I am going to pick up the second eu2200 just to have it ready when needed. Now I need to decide if the propane conversion is the way to go.
s1000pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:29 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Yeah, I just bought a Genconnex 2200i companion to go with my 2000i; I expect to do a lot more boondocking in the COVID-19 world. I want the capability to run AC and other stuff at the same time, although I could eek through with just the 2000i. Reports on the forum indicate you need a 3/8 hose to run both off your low pressure connection, but I am going to run one generator off of my existing 1/4 hose and run the second generator off a tank, one I will carry with me when I go boondocking.

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote