Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #1

2006 19' Safari
Gilroy , California
Question Generators....

I'm currently in a seach for a generator to power my 19' Bambi Safari. I'm looking for something efficient and quiet. Of course, price is always a huge consideration. However, it seems that inverter generators are around the $1,500+ price range. The generator I've read alot about is the Honda EU3000is.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks!
rmanalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Welcome to the forums! Just use the search feature and you will find more about generators than you care to know. Honda and Yamaha seem to be the units of choice and the propane conversion looks like a pretty good idea. Good luck!

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
What do you plan to power with the generator in the Bambi? (A/C unit, microwave, TV or just lights, waterpump, stereo, maybe a fantastic fan if you have one)

The reason I ask is that in order to make a suggestion that would fit the need, thats a key bit of info.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #4

2006 19' Safari
Gilroy , California
I plan to power my A/C unit, TV, and Microwave.

Sorry to leave that important bit of info. :-)
rmanalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
The 3000 is a nice unit, but it's fairly large and on startup, of the A/C compressor, I am not sure, depending on the A/C units size that you'd be able to run the A/C, TV and microwave at the same time (again, mostly depending on if you have the 11k unit or the 13.5k A/C unit).

A number of folks have gone with 2 2000 units and hooked them together and I think that could cut it with running all 3 at the same time. Honda makes some great units. Yamaha does too. You can get a kit for the Hondas to run on different fuels, namely propane, here is a link to the Yamahas, where a company does all the grunt work of carb conversion for you:

http://www.yamaha-propane-natural-gas-generators.com/

It isn't cheap by any reach. I have been looking at the issue for a bit over a year and came to the conclusion that I got 2 fantastic vents in the Safari and that if I boondock and need cooling, the cost of 2 gens to run my 15k BTU unit would be cost prohibitive in my case (at least today). So right now, I personally am leaning toward the Yamaha ef2400is. Has the meat to keep the batteries charged, both fans on high, microwave, lights and TV and later if I really want the A/C unit to run, I can get a second unit and connect them. Plus, since it runs on propane, there is no gasoline odors, etc while in transit. I could in fact place this unit in the back of the Suburban in a rubbermaid or in the trailer and not get high on gas fumes.

That's my take, eveyone has a different need though.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanalang
I'm currently in a seach for a generator to power my 19' Bambi Safari. I'm looking for something efficient and quiet. Of course, price is always a huge consideration. However, it seems that inverter generators are around the $1,500+ price range. The generator I've read alot about is the Honda EU3000is.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Give Mayberry's a call:http://www.mayberrys.com/
I ordered both our EU2000s and the parallel kit from them. Not sure of the price, but free shipping.
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Falmouth , Massachusetts
rmanalang,
I've used an EU3000 for five years with my 2001 19ft Bambi. It has been reliable and meets my needs. I mounted mine on the Bambi tongue. See the site www.mswartz.com or search this forum for posts with my userid "mswartz" where this and other user solutions were discussed. Let me know if I can help.
Regards, Marshall
mswartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
DayStreamer

2001 19' Bambi
Mesa , Arizona
We went with 2 EU2000's on our Bambi. They are lightweight, and work great to run the AC and anything else we might need. We also mounted our on the tongue and have been happy with the simplicity. You can see the setup at:
http://www.airforums.com/forum...mbi-13142.html
02 Avalanche

Mesa Arizona
AIR #5591

grizzy is offline   Reply With Quote