Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Carson City , Nevada
Generator Power cable - '77 Argosy

I apologize for asking a perhaps obvious question, but my trailer is parked elsewhere right now, and the manual is in it...

i would like to know what people use to connect a Honda eu2000i to their trailer. I expect I would need about 20' of cable... is standard 3 prong on both ends correct? Gauge of cable?

Thanks,

Mike S
Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
What most of us do is use a 30 amp to 15 amp adapter plug on the generator output, and plug the 30 amp trailer cord into it.
You can get the adapter plug at Camping World, many auto parts stores, I've even seen them in Wal-Mart.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Carson City , Nevada
Thank you, Terry. I think it is a three prong at both ends, but do not know the specs for the plugs and gauge of the AC cable, but I can figure the run at 15 amps over 40'. I was planning on about a 20' run to move the Honda away from the trailer a bit.

Mike S
Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S
I think it is a three prong at both ends, but do not know the specs for the plugs and gauge of the AC cable, but I can figure the run at 15 amps over 40'. I was planning on about a 20' run to move the Honda away from the trailer a bit.

Mike S
The plugs are 30 amp RV, 120 volt. They are specific to RVs and trailers, but not specific to Airstreams. You can get a 30' RV extension cord from Camping World, it will be the proper gauge, and you won't have to "build your own".