Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie R. View Post
I am planning on running my honda this weekend and wanted to try to add another 25 ft to my existing excella cord which is abouty 30' I think, is this ok ?

What do you think is the longest a person could extend the heavy duty cords and not take away power from the generator ?

Thanks,

Robbie R.
Hi Robbie,
How did your weekend power turn out?
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Wink

Git'r out from under the Stream....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PISECO LAKE CAMPING JULY 2008 132.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	89114  
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Currently Looking...
Maryville , Tennessee
Ken, sorry for the late reply. We had a great 1st weekend camping in our AS. We ran the honda twins a lot using about 45 ft. of power cord and ran refrig. and micro/convection oven and everything else in the camper with not even a burp out of my hondas. (cord connections stayed cold)

I even ran eco throttle with that distance and it ran micro/convection perfectly with just a little throttle up when started.

Everything in the camper worked perfectly for the first trip and this 31 footer pulled like a dream up a steep moutain to 2600 ft with my f 250 super duty.........sure was proud of that 2001 truck.

Weather: Rained the whole time, so foggy you could not see over 100 ft. and we loved it. Ate gravy and biscuits, sausage and eggs, burgers and hot dogs were grilled, and watched Andy Griffith, 2000 leagues under the sea on my wife new dvd player...........what more could you want ?

Oh, we saw a cute little bear too.......

Robbie R.
Robbie R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie R. View Post
Ken, sorry for the late reply. We had a great 1st weekend camping in our AS. We ran the honda twins a lot using about 45 ft. of power cord and ran refrig. and micro/convection oven and everything else in the camper with not even a burp out of my hondas. (cord connections stayed cold)

I even ran eco throttle with that distance and it ran micro/convection perfectly with just a little throttle up when started.

Everything in the camper worked perfectly for the first trip and this 31 footer pulled like a dream up a steep moutain to 2600 ft with my f 250 super duty.........sure was proud of that 2001 truck.

Weather: Rained the whole time, so foggy you could not see over 100 ft. and we loved it. Ate gravy and biscuits, sausage and eggs, burgers and hot dogs were grilled, and watched Andy Griffith, 2000 leagues under the sea on my wife new dvd player...........what more could you want ?

Oh, we saw a cute little bear too.......

Robbie R.
Hey that's great. I figure it would work OK. I'm glad you had a good time. Did you get a picture of the bear.
regards,
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote