Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
scottsdale , Arizona
I have the Boliy Generator. Bought directly from importer in san diego. Had to take it back in as did not run good at all. I also had them put in high altitude injector as keep my Airstream in N. AZ in summer at 7000 feet. Worked great, however, changing it back to normal injector the threads in carburetor bowl got stripped. So now waiting for new carburetor bowl. But Xtreme jGadget who brings them in US has been helpful. They never answer phone, but e-mail service is good, which is better since English is not first language at importer. Since they do not have much of dealer network, if you do not live near dealer or a good "do-it-yourself" type of person I might hold off. It will work the AC or microwave-convection oven but not both. And will run either with other electrical items in trailer.
Arizona Guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #22

Currently Looking...
Spanish Fork , Utah
Smile Boliy Generators

Hello, I have some input on the boliy generator,my father in law owns one he has had it for a little over a year and has not given him a bit of trouble, he runs his a/c very well and the thing is very quiet. I have puchased one of the new 2009 models it sould be here in about a week and will be able to let you know how they work first hand.
You can go to a sight called( bottom line trading inc.) and they can give you a bounch of info on boliy and other generators the boliy is actually desinged from german technology.
TINMAN292000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #23
Airstream Dad

2008 28' International CCD
Orange County , California
I own one of these generators. It works, but it is very heavy, and could be quieter in my opinion. You have to have it set to "high" to use the A/C so it is not quiet in that scenario. I would love to have a smaller unit or something that I felt was a more stable product. (thi sis the one that the dealer threw in when we bought the airstream).

How can I mount a generator to my truck? Sure would be nice to have that for boondocking. as it stands, i have to get it out of the trruck bed, which means unhitching because I have a cap on my truck.
28IntlCCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Kenosha , Wisconsin
Boily....Run away as fast as you can!

I am a master generator tech who sold and serviced the boliy as well as kipor, generac, honda, winco, onan etc. The Boliy unit has great features unfortunately no parts or tech help is available from the manufacturer. The parts we have and had in stock came from cannibalized new units we bought.

Ive worked on the Boliy for 5 years through all the colors ,red, blue, white and yellow.

The dealers that continue to sell them do so to eliminate their inventory!

Do Not BUY!!!!

Honda, Kipor, Magna and now the new Generac are a much better option.
Gentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:32 AM   #25
Airstream Dad

2008 28' International CCD
Orange County , California
What is the best size generator to purchase to be able to run the AC? (I have no idea the capacity of the Boily, as it isn't clear on the unit itself?)
28IntlCCD is offline   Reply With Quote