Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Lights - Interior & Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #1

2007 25' Safari
Richmond , British Columbia
"Spring" clips for interior light fixture

Hi there,

Just joined this forum, as I just bought a used Airstream which needs a bit of work... first task is fixing one of the interior light fixtures which is dangling because the 2 spring clips/wings have busted... do I need to find/buy an entire new fixture or does anyone know if I can simply replace the spring clips somehow?!

Thanks in advance!
JTvancity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
not sure what/which light you mean - picture would be helpful
2013 F-150HD FX4 SuperCrew Lariart (MaxTow) "Red Dragon"
drbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTvancity View Post
Hi there,

Just joined this forum, as I just bought a used Airstream which needs a bit of work... first task is fixing one of the interior light fixtures which is dangling because the 2 spring clips/wings have busted... do I need to find/buy an entire new fixture or does anyone know if I can simply replace the spring clips somehow?!

Thanks in advance!
JT I've been down that road. Those springs are no fun to work with.
You may consider making your own replacement or you could bite the bullet and order a new fixture from:

https://www.itc-rv.com/product-categ...head-lighting/
Too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Angel , Oregon
If you are talking about the recessed ceiling lights that are about 2 1/4 inch diameter, they were made by Decor. The same style light is still used, although it now comes in LED. The springs are not available by themselves.

That said, I was able to get two springs from my local Airstream dealer. The service department was returning a light that didn't work and they gave me the springs from it no charge.

So that's worth an ask, especially if you will be buying other parts as you restore your trailer.

If you opt to outright replace the lights, LED4RV is a source that is cheaper than Airstream. LED4RV also sells LEDs for these lights so you can convert to LED without replacing the fixture if you want.

Burnside

"To err is human, to air is devine."
Burnside Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Murfreesboro , Tennessee
I had one that the spring broke in the ceiling over the stove. Had some two sided tape that I was able tor trim around the edge of the light and peeled off the cack and stuck it back up and it has been 15,000 miles and hasn't moved. You cannot tell its there.
dnsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2020 27' International
Miami , Florida
I probably have the light you need if you tell me the diameter of the cut out. Only $20.
Janis33133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
how to install the clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTvancity View Post
Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

I do have a few of those clips
http://trvparts.com/catalog/index.ph...oducts_id=1394

That is only half the battle. Once in hand the spring is almost like a rubits cube. Here is a video that shows how
https://www.facebook.com/LED4RV/vide...3168444731418/