Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Aiken , South Carolina
Replacing running light fixture

So, the upper right amber running light (or clearance light?) fixture on our 2007 Safari 25FB is corroded and non-functional. I purchased a replacement fixture and have removed the old one. The wires disappear into a black grommet in the skin. Is there access to this connection through the front corner cabinet trim? If so, how do I get to it?
If I make the connection on the outside, the grommet which is rigid and not flexible rubber like most grommets, is not large enough to allow me to feed the wires with the splices through the hole and into the body. There is not enough room to make the splice in the light housing itself. I could try to break the plastic grommet away and try to exteriorize the connection and then replace the grommet. Any suggestions? Couldn't find a You Tube video! Thanks in advance

Allen
awkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
I am also hopeful that someone could help with this situation. I have to replace the clearance light and the wires were cut right along the sharp edge of the hole. Is there a trick or technique to splice wires when they are so short? I think I could get a needle nose inside the hole about an eight of an inch and grab the wire. should I try a crimp connector or solder a wire extension?

thanks for any tips.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote