Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
power source for side view cameras

I have a 4 camera wireless system on its way and now thinking about placement and where I can pull power (I know what you're thinking). I had thought about the side lights but just popped one off and there is no room for splicing. I don't want to replace lights to get a long leader as some have done so am having a martini and thinking about the next course of action. Only thing I can see right now is tapping inside and coming through the bottom of AS on each side, not my desired way forward. Anyway, plan to replace the existing Voyager camera on top center, but that may be a challenge as well due to short leads; two side cams, and maybe use the other over the hitch. Worse case, I'll return system, but sure would like to make it work without cosmetically impacting shell. One of those spur of the minute buys, saved $57, lol, but have been thinking about this for some time. As I work on this martini, I know I could tap inside front and bring a feed down the bottom frame on the outside, cross over and feed the two sides and front, but don't know if that is wisest. OK, ready for your inputs.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
This is the system, if you are wondering
ZEROXCLUB Digital Wireless Backup Camera System Kit No Interference IP69 Waterproof Wireless Rearview Camera 7’’Wireless Reversing Monitor for Truck/Semi-Trailer/RV/Box Truck WX04
Old 03-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Seattle , Washington
I pulled both front speakers out and fished wires to 12v feeds in wall wiring.12v was always on so I added a push button by each speaker to turn cameras on and off. I didn't want more power draw in storage. Good luck with the install.
swimin is offline   Reply With Quote