Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2023, 02:01 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Deerfield Beach , Florida
Marker Light Gasket Replacement

Trying to replace the marker light gaskets which have dried out and causing some leaking. Guidance would be appreciated. Do I need to cut and splice the wiring? How easy is it to remove the lens to access the frame of the light fixture? This is on a 2016 Flying Cloud 19CB Bambi. Thanks, Dominic
dominicjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 03:57 AM   #2
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicjohn View Post
Trying to replace the marker light gaskets which have dried out and causing some leaking. Guidance would be appreciated. Do I need to cut and splice the wiring? How easy is it to remove the lens to access the frame of the light fixture? This is on a 2016 Flying Cloud 19CB Bambi. Thanks, Dominic
When I got my 1994 Excella I replaced nearly all the marker lights and installed new gaskets that I cut myself on a LASER machine. They could also be cut by hand easily. Mine were all cut from 1/8" neoprene which very nicely conforms to the Airstream as well as to the back of the light.

I'd suggest you thoroughly examine your lights - if they are still the factory installed lights the plastic may be getting near the end of its life. Sun and age make the plastic more brittle and prone to cracking. The new lights are cheap enough to replace any suspect ones now while you have them off.

The lights which were replaced obviously had the new gaskets installed before I completed the wiring, but for the ones which I reused I simply cut a slit for the wiring to pass through on the side of the gasket which would point down. Have not had any sign of leaking since, even after driving through some heavy rain a few times. The neoprene squishes down/out a bit when compressed and seems to make a good seal.

I have the file for the marker lights in Corel Draw - if you need it just send me a PM.
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser (Sold)
richard5933 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 05:44 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
Check out this posting

Lots of good info here

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44...ht-244926.html
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote