Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2023, 04:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2022 16' Caravel
sanford , Florida
Less bright LED lights?

The LED light over the dinette are ridiculously bright, as are the annoying spot lights that buzz if you bring them down from high.
There are replacement LED lights that dim and adjust color, but they all have in excess of 200 LEDs, use twice the power of the Un adjustable lights airstream installs and are advertised as "super bright"
Any one out there find light that don't show from space?
bustedrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 05:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
I don't recall what I used, but they were very similar to this.....and I know there were a few threads regarding using photo filters to change the lighting.

https://www.amazon.com/Puck-Lighting...ps%2C76&sr=8-1

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 4:30 rear Leer Topper Ruby Red
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 07:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2024 27' International
Noblesville , Indiana
I'm going to be adding a dimmer switch to the dining table lights and the storage cabinet lights on our Int 27FB.

First comes the dimmer in the bathroom (switch is ordered) and then I'll map out the plan for the others.

I plan on using the existing switch from the bathroom for the outside entry light, and replace the 3 switch bank for the cabinets, dining table, and outdoor step, with a 2 switch/2 dimmer panel.

It's a plan in my head so far. We'll see how it turns out. I did test the bathroom dimmer with the main overhead multi light dimmer switch and it worked fine (had to add a ground) so at least I know that will work.
JandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 07:44 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Check in with LED4RV. I wanted to change over to LEDs but did not want those "bright" white lites. I liken them to gymnasium lighting and wanted no part of that. I called the guy and LED4RV and (I wish I could remember his name) and he sent me the ones I liked and needed. I have a 2006 coach and he knew exactly what lights I needed for my ceiling lights as well as the bathroom and shower.

Check them out and they will help you.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 06:02 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2024 27' International
Noblesville , Indiana
The dimmer switch I ordered for the bathroom came in today so I got that installed.
It works nicely. Not as dim as I had hoped but it sure takes the edge off.
I'm certain the dining table lights dimmer will produce the same results. Just need to find the right combination switch based on the hole that is already cut in the panel.

A few before/after pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	20231119_182418.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	438876
Full bright
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231119_182425.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	438877
Full dim

Name:	20231119_131557.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	438881
Old switch on counter.
I'll use that switch for the outside step light when I do the dimmer for the dining table.
JandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 07:34 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2024 27' International
Noblesville , Indiana
We've been using the Airstream a bit so I was delayed in getting this modification done.

I finally added the dimmer switches for the dinette lights and the storage cabinet lights. Huge difference. I tried to get before and after pics of the light difference but my phone adjusts for lighting and makes it look pretty much the same. My wife was over the top impressed with the difference.

The cabinet lights with the semi-transparent slider doors on dim will make for nice back lighting when we have movie nights. We could never find the right lighting before. Overhead lights, kitchen pucks, or front bedroom lights etc., were either in your face bright, or too dark. This will be nice. And the dinette puck lights dialed down is nice for dinner.

I used these switches from Amazon > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZGMV41Y...roduct_details

I used the single switch I removed from the bathroom, for the outside step light.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Switch w_dimmer.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	443676   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240522_212425[1].jpg
Views:	8
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	443678  

Old 05-22-2024, 07:42 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandB View Post
We've been using the Airstream a bit so I was delayed in getting this modification done.

I finally added the dimmer switches for the dinette lights and the storage cabinet lights. Huge difference. I tried to get before and after pics of the light difference but my phone adjusts for lighting and makes it look pretty much the same. My wife was over the top impressed with the difference.

The cabinets lights with the semi-transparent slider doors on dim will make for nice back lighting when we have movie nights. We could never find the right lighting before. Overhead lights, kitchen pucks, or front bedroom lights etc., were either in your face bright, or too dark. This will be nice. And the dinette puck lights dialed down is nice for dinner.

I used these switches from Amazon > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZGMV41Y...roduct_details

I used the single switch I removed from the bathroom, for the outside step light.
Nice! Adding that to my upgrade list.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 07:39 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2023 25' Globetrotter
2021 16' Bambi
Forest Lake , Minnesota
I started to look into this and found the posted switch is "Unavailable". I believe the factory switches are from JR Products. Their version is not cheap ($54). This one is American made (if that matters) and $34.
JeffKim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 09:33 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2024 27' International
Noblesville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKim View Post
I started to look into this and found the posted switch is "Unavailable". I believe the factory switches are from JR Products. Their version is not cheap ($54). This one is American made (if that matters) and $34.
I saw they weren't available right as I copied the link to post, but as you've found, you can always find another one like it.
I'm not too worried about the switch I have (function wise), no matter where it's made, I just wish it was made in the US.

I think I paid 29.99 (ea) for the two I bought on April 12th. $54 ea is a bit much.
I'll need one more as I'm going to add a dimmer in place of the shower switch.