Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Silverton , Oregon
LED Tail Lights 68-74 direct fit

I've been looking for someone that has tried this, and had no luck, so I though I would post about it.
I bought these Signal Stat 2751 Pedestal lights a year and a half ago because they looked like they would fit our 1972 Sovereign. I brought them hom and I confirmed that they do indeed fit, but they are bare wire ends, and I couldn't get the cans out at the time to remove the bulb sockets. so instead I gutted the trailer.
I found them on the shelf again today and used one for a temporary light to haul my frame to the powder coat, and I was amazed at how much better the light was. I've also been looking for a replacement for the back up lights to match, and had been unsuccessful until now. I've found what looks to be a close match in a clear lense and white light. they say interior only, but they are built the same as the tail lights in the same series. plus they come with a 1156 bulb base to plug in directly. They are a bit more expensive though. I think at the time i paid $32 each for the pedestal lights, and these clear ones I've found for $34 each. I don't know for sure the clear ones fit, but they look just like the signal stat ones I know fit. I think I'm going to order them. I like them because they are entirely potted in back, and if I install them with a gasket, they should seal as well as the original lenses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Tail lights.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	281652  
Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Battle Ground , Washington
LED lights

I suggest looking at etrailer.com they have a number of led lights and they list all dimensions.
57Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Silverton , Oregon
No, they just seem to carry optronics and peterson lights, we're a dealer for those at work as well. this one for the backup light is the only one I've seen like this.
thanks for the reply though.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Silverton , Oregon
Tail Light option

It's too late for my trailer, but I found these today,
https://www.maxxima.com/products/pro...Bulk-Pack.html

they seem to be the appropriate diameter to fit the 70's round aluminum housing, and they have secret 3 screw mounting under little color match caps.
I haven't seen them in person, but I bet they would mount to the cans and replace the signal stat covers. a little bit of sanding on the outside diameter might make it fit better.