Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
ShinyPete

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
LED reading lights in '14 Flying Cloud

We have the LED lights in Pete, our 2014 Flying Cloud 27FB. Love the dimmers on the overhead light sets in the lounge and the bedroom. We also have LED reading lights in all four corners, and they are very bright! In fact, they are so bright that we actually have to direct them away from the reading material or wear sunglasses to read.

I wonder if anyone knows if I could "dim" these? Maybe install a dimmer pot with a knob in each base? If the overhead LEDs will dim, will the reading light LEDs? Just wondering..........
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
I have retrofitted a dimmer for the (incandescent) lights over my dinette. If you search for the thread you'll see photos and parts sources.

The LEDs don't draw much power so there are many alternatives for dimmers.