Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Anacortes , Washington
LED chip replacements for sconces

The wall sconces in our 2016 27' FB twin, are located by the table and each of the two have two led light chip boards. They slip out of their sockets.

We are amongst the many who do not like the harsh LED color and look to change out any or all of the LEDs with warm tones of 2700 to 3000k if possible-not the 5000k or so.

I spent frustrating time trying to find suppliers of those sconce LED light chips and could not. They are marked as Gustafson with id numbers, but could not locate anything online. I think I don't know the exact style name or what to call these boards leading me to no results.

So, do any of you know of sources for these units? My intent is to see if these chips make them in the warm tones, and for those whose chip fails-where can one find replacement chips.
Pat Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Simpler Approach

A simpler approach to these aggravating blue LEDs, is to place warm colored gel between the light and the lens. There have been many threads about this topic. Try searching "warm light LED" and it will direct you to some.

Here is a link to one with pictures that I submitted a couple of years ago:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/show...errerid=103283
abqdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Anacortes , Washington
Yes, thanks for the reply and I decided a few days ago to try the orange gel material in the puck lights like you and others have done. But the sconces have the LED chip board (or whatever the common name is for those). Easily replaced so I was hoping I could find a source getting replacement boards having much better 2700-3000k output.

Hopefully this is not a case where if the 'custom made' LED chips fail, the whole sconce needs to be replaced. That would be disgusting!
Pat Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Glendale , Arizona
I have been changing my incandescent bulbs over to led and have been happy with M4products.com. I am sure you can find the item you are looking for from them.
scott05 is offline   Reply With Quote