Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
How to remove bulbs in 2011 Flying Cloud

There are lots of threads on which bulbs to use but I cannot find instructions on how to remove the bulbs. They are in recessed lights. I think I need to remove or pry open the ring around the fixture. Is this right?

Unless I have missed something, when I turn on the bathroom light, the lights in the sink area come on also, waking up my wife. So, I want to remove the bulb.

Any advice on how to remove them without damaging the fixture is much appreciated. Thanks.
scubadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f447...val-65007.html
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroswell View Post
So far, I was able to to get the cover off with the help from the photos. I removed the two tiny screws holding the bulb (flat LED plate) and it looks like there are 2 wires soldered to the back of the bulb. In other words, it doesn't appear to be replaceable without removing the whole fixture and hassling with the springs. I worry about unclipping the springs and getting everything back together. Is it easier than I think it is?

I was sure hoping that the bulb plate would be something that pops in and out.

Any other advice?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
There are lots of threads on which bulbs to use but I cannot find instructions on how to remove the bulbs. They are in recessed lights. I think I need to remove or pry open the ring around the fixture. Is this right?

Unless I have missed something, when I turn on the bathroom light, the lights in the sink area come on also, waking up my wife. So, I want to remove the bulb.

Any advice on how to remove them without damaging the fixture is much appreciated. Thanks.
Unless your FC 23FB is different from mine, there's only one fixture in the bathroom, and it's mounted on the ceiling. And yes there is a wall switch, but you can also turn the ceiling fixture off with the built in rocker switch in the ceiling fixture itself.

Not quite sure what you mean by the sink area light.

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
When I pulled our Halogens the sockets were tight, but the two wire slide right out of the white base of the fixture. I replaced them with the LED pads Airstream sells and the 2 wires are soldered to the circuit on the back.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
scubadog, does your fixture look like the one in the first link, or this one?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...hts-76986.html

This fixture looks different than mine.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroswell View Post
scubadog, does your fixture look like the one in the first link, or this one?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...hts-76986.html

This fixture looks different than mine.
Newroswell, I believe his fixture in the bathroom is not the circular type. It's the double light/double lens oval with a rocker switch in the middle; the type you find under the cabinetry.

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
So far, I was able to to get the cover off with the help from the photos. I removed the two tiny screws holding the bulb (flat LED plate) and it looks like there are 2 wires soldered to the back of the bulb. In other words, it doesn't appear to be replaceable without removing the whole fixture and hassling with the springs. I worry about unclipping the springs and getting everything back together. Is it easier than I think it is?

I was sure hoping that the bulb plate would be something that pops in and out.

Any other advice?
I don't think you should have to take those screws off...we have the same fixtures in our 2006 Bambi...and once you get the lens off, the halogen bulbs (which were original) or the LED (replacement) just unplug...with no removal of the housing itself.

I don't know what your exact set-up is regarding the bathroom light and the vanity light, but in ours, the two were originally wired so that the vanity lights and the bathroom light were controlled by the same switch. We wanted to be able to turn on the bathroom light without turning on the vanity lights so as not to wake the one sleeping... so we rewired the bathroom light, tying off the original hot line, and connecting it to the hot line that goes to the bathroom ceiling fan (connecting before the switch for the fan...because the fan has a switch, the line is always hot). The vent fan is close enough to the light to fish a wire form the light to the fan wiring. So now we turn on the bathroom light with the switch on the light independently of the vanity lights. Problem solved.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by murreywalker View Post
Unless your FC 23FB is different from mine, there's only one fixture in the bathroom, and it's mounted on the ceiling. And yes there is a wall switch, but you can also turn the ceiling fixture off with the built in rocker switch in the ceiling fixture itself.

Not quite sure what you mean by the sink area light.
Thanks for the reply but I think the Rear Bed model is different. Turning on the bathroom light also turns on lights over the sink which is part of the bedroom area. Poor AS design.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Thanks to all who posted replies. The problem is solved now but pulling down the two lights over the vanity and cutting and taping the hot wire. Now the switch to the right of the vanity only turns on the light in the toilet/shower area. We never needed the bright lights over the vanity so nothing is lost.