Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Lights - Interior & Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
crystal river , Florida
HELP! Need a '62 Overlander wiring diagram!

Almost done my complete overhaul of a kick-ass '62 Overlander, but Ive run into a seemingly simply roadbump. In the bathroom, facing rear, the aluminum panels have been removed up to the fiberglass panel. Protruding from under the fiberglass to the left of the window are two large gauge wires, one I assume is 12v the other 110v. NOW.....
Question is... there are three 12 gauge, double conduit wires coming from forward in the closet (breaker panel) and running underneath the cover of the holding tank, ultimately terminating near the two wires above protruding from under the fiberglass panel.
Hmmmm, three wires leading there, only two to hook into....?????
My only guess is that two of the three leading wires are 110v and the other is 12v...one 110v might be dedicated to the outlet above the countertop, supplying power for possibly high draw appliances(hairdryer), and the other 110v is connected to the 110v coming from underneath the fiberglass panel to power all lights in the rear of the trailer.
Can anyone shed "light" hahahahah on this subject? Thanks!
'62Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
I know on my '61 Overlander, each original light fixture has two lights, one 110v and one 12v. Also, my '61 has a 110v outlet (original) in the bathroom. My GUESS would be what you said, one 110v wire to the 110 outlet, one 110v wire to one light, and one 12v wire to the other light.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
crystal river , Florida
Again, thank you, I will just hook up a 12v lead to the wires and see where they terminate.
Gulfport, huh? Ever need to get away from the marine heartbreak up there and catch a pile of redfish, maybe a bucket or two of beautiful scallops, drag that airstream down to our little hidden town of Ozello, near Crystal River, Fl. Google it, its the best kept secret in florida! Pretty outrageous offshore fishing now too for that center console... Great run of cobia right now, lots of groupers, red snappers if you make the run out to them too!
'62Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by '62Lander View Post
Again, thank you, I will just hook up a 12v lead to the wires and see where they terminate.
Gulfport, huh? Ever need to get away from the marine heartbreak up there and catch a pile of redfish, maybe a bucket or two of beautiful scallops, drag that airstream down to our little hidden town of Ozello, near Crystal River, Fl. Google it, its the best kept secret in florida! Pretty outrageous offshore fishing now too for that center console... Great run of cobia right now, lots of groupers, red snappers if you make the run out to them too!
You're welcome! I know my original M50 Dometic works today only because I have a copy of that manual.

I could use a good offshore fishing trip. Sounds really great to me, cobia, grouper, and snapper. We missed the Federal Red Snapper season because this part of the Gulf was closed during the season to fishing because of the oil spill. Also, wouldn't mind doing some inshore fishing, redfish put up a great fight. I might have to head down there. Sounds like it's about one days drive from here. Thanks for the tip on the fishing spot!

Good luck with your Overlander, I'm sure we all would like to see some pictures.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
myrtle beach , South Carolina
scan of electrical diagram from my '62 overlander

hope this helps!

Original Eletrical Drawing - here is a scan of the remaining pieces of the electrical diagram that was on the inside closet of my '62 overlander Photo Gallery
jhelion is offline   Reply With Quote