Old 08-28-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
GVA , British Columbia
Exterior LEDs marker lights failing 2013 trailer

Since almost new my trailer has had a issue with the LED marker lights. After being on 8 wk camping trip I have counted 5 maker lights failed or partly failing ( blinking with only half of diodes lite.).

When under warranty I ask our dealership(Traveland Langley, do not recommend) to source out an intermittent problem with one of the marker lights and they came up with no issues. Fast forward 3 years I have that light plus 4 others going or gone.
I have ordered and received one amber and one red marker light but will need to order 3 more (from Amazon ) to get this project done.

It appears that looking through the forum that this is not a problem with most owners

My question; Has anyone else experienced similar quality issues with their exterior LED marker lights and where is a reliable source to get quality replacements ? Thank you
Old 08-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
2015 28' International
2013 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
I have had 3 marker lights go out, well not totally out, just a few of the LED's died. I replaced with OEM, and work fine now, not sure if there is an aftermarket option?
vintagemotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemotor View Post
I have had 3 marker lights go out, well not totally out, just a few of the LED's died. I replaced with OEM, and work fine now, not sure if there is an aftermarket option?
Look at etrailer.com. I found LED marker lights that are virtually identical to the old fixtures on my '74 Argosy.
TG Twinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
I have had one fail on my 2013. All others are still OK.

I think I got my replacement from LED4RV.com. It has worked fine for a couple years.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
GVA , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemotor View Post

Did you order your lights through your Airstream dealer?

I have a friend who worked(now retired) for Otis Elevator and he said at the time (2014) that "they would not change to LED for their panel display lights simply because they where unreliable". Today every auto maker seems to be headed in that direction.