Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfitzy View Post

But the mystery deepens, these bulbs are F15T8-CW, which I believe are AC lights. At least they are the same as the ones in the mirror fixture in the bathroom of my house!

Joe
Back on topic. I checked the remaining ThinLite fixture behind the curtains and it does look like a F15T8 would be the correct one for it. I saw a variety of F15T8 tubes at my local Home Depot yesterday ranging from Warm White, Daylight, Cool White, to even Blacklight. My choice would be the Warm Whites. They make the interior much more cheerful.

The odd size tubes I was thinking of are in the three ceiling vents. They are F14T8 tubes and even though they are /D instead of CW, they are still way too blue a light. I had to go to a commercial lighting supplier to even find these.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Excella 500
Providence Village , Texas
Interesting thread - and an old one.... I too have hidden lights behind the drape valance in both front and rear of our 76 Excella 500. While I have found the switch for the ones in the rear - I cannot find the one for the front - but still looking... I am removing both valances to disassemble the fluorescent lights and ballasts and replace them with an LED strip and reinstall after painting - hopefully this will look cleaner, save some battery life - especially since the bulbs are hard as hell to replace (small space - big hands)....
txdxrider is offline   Reply With Quote