Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
Troy , Texas
Ceiling light ground

Well...here is my question...my ceiling light is fine...it works...it just doesn't work when I install it in my bedroom ceiling...I think that the material that the 4 screws attach too is not allowing it to ground...the backing in which the screws attach are wallowed out...I tried to put in a larger screw...still didn't work...the perimeter of the light receptable is made of a very thin metallic material...just strong enough to hold the light to the ceiling...can this be replaced?? I can slap the face of the light and it will come on then off...this particular light was one that was working fine in the front of the trailer...so I switched the front with the bedroom light...it seems that I do not have a good ground...any help would be appreciated..
excella99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
The easiest thing to do is run a ground wire to bond the light to the frame or aluminum skin.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
Troy , Texas
excella99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
The easiest thing to do is run a ground wire to bond the light to the frame or aluminum skin.

Thanks Jammer...I will try it out...
Old 11-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
Troy , Texas
Jammer....I ran a wire to frame...light still does not work...one bulb came on for about 2 seconds then went off....totally dumbfounded by this...the light worked in the front of the trailer...the light I took out of the bedroom didn't work there..but it works in the front of the trailer???? I am getting power to the light ...or it wouldn't flicker??? I think I will replace the switch on the wall and see if that does it