Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2021, 07:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Reidsville , North Carolina
76 argosy no rear tail lights, help

So close to finish. Rear lights previously worked, took off rear taillight lip to repair cracks, reinstalled, painted rv, restored rear bath. Last pm went to hook up trailer and no rear lights at all on lip, yes has clearance lights. Where should I start tracing? Are there fuses or a main ground that would be easy to start with. My main concern is I remodeled the rear bath and did some drilling for new pop rivets for the original molding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’m not an electrician so this is difficult to understand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6AC4A64D-D3D4-44A6-908A-B01C451CD1C9.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	404970  
76argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:39 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Auburn , Washington
My trailer had a fuse block for the 7pin plug on the street side. It was under the arm rest of the gaucho. I've had to clean the holders since they tended to get rusty. Another time I had problems with the lights was when I dropped the 7 pin into the gravel. I use dielectric grease and it picked up a small pebble. I didn't notice it and plugged it in. It bent the contact and caused the lights not to work. Either place is a good place to start because it is easy to check for voltage there.

Dave
Biggmixx is offline   Reply With Quote