Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Erie , Pennsylvania
27FB bedroom light switch wiring ????

Lights flickered and went out. As I was pulling the switch they flickered again and came on. Checked the fuse in the wall and replaced the quick connects with crimp connectors put it back together and worked fine. Next day flipped the switch and nothing, again pulled the switch checked the connections shook the wiring harness-nothing. I have 12v at the power wire and ground wire has continuity. Bypassed the switch to the light wire and nothing.

So question being does anyone know how that light wire is routed? It runs between the shower stall and the bedroom wall toward the tv and the outlets on the wall. I assume it then goes up to the ceiling lights. I pulled down the one light closest to the switch (mouse trapped my fingers) and that light just had 2 wires, where do the other 3 lights get their power?

Any ideas/help is appreciated.
Rick & Becky #28279
2018 FC27FBQ
2018 RAM 1500
KD3OBX 146.520
cptdzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Santa Fe Springs , California
The ceiling lights switch has a dimmer. It has a fuse holder which you should be able to get once you remove the switch. I would check the fuse first.

I have a similar issue with the bedroom under cabinet lights on my 17’ 25FB. The lights worked fine most of the time but some times it won’t turn on when I flip the switch. I removed the switch from the wall and wiggled the wires couple times. It did the tricks before but I can’t get it work anymore.

I Will check the voltage and continuity later to see what I get. This kind of issue seems happens quite a few but I can’t to find a good approach to solve the problem.

Jason
pickupjason is offline   Reply With Quote