Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Lights - Interior & Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Pilot Point , Texas
2018 Classic 33 Motion Sensing Light issue

I have a 2018 Classic 33 with 3 motion sensing LED lights strategically located near the floor from the front entry to the rear bath area. It seems that once they are correctly activated by motion during the nighttime hours, they then go through an on/off cycling of several cycles before finally turning off. This seems to happen without any further motion to turn them on, they just simply turn on and off on their own several times. Any thoughts or similar issues from anyone out there? Thanks
ronmarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmarti View Post
I have a 2018 Classic 33 with 3 motion sensing LED lights strategically located near the floor from the front entry to the rear bath area. It seems that once they are correctly activated by motion during the nighttime hours, they then go through an on/off cycling of several cycles before finally turning off. This seems to happen without any further motion to turn them on, they just simply turn on and off on their own several times. Any thoughts or similar issues from anyone out there? Thanks
Hi ronmarti,

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Pilot Point , Texas
2018 Classic 33 FB Motion Sensing Lights (Update)

Thanks for your response and I have an update since my original posting as follows: as you know there are (3) three motion sensing lights on my 2018 Classic 33 FB (VIN 540751). The middle most light was defective at the time I purchase my unit at Vogt RV in Fort Worth, TX. I received my replacement light yesterday and have since installed it. I works as it is supposed to in that when it senses motion it lights and then after a couple minutes of no further motion the light extinguishes. The other two lights however, the one at the entry and the one in the bath area, activate when they sense motion as they should. The problem occurs with both lights after they have illuminated and no further motion is detected. Each light briefly extinguishes but then immediately, again with no motion, they both relight. After a couple of minutes they again extinguish briefly (1 second or less) and then once again relight. They both continue this cycling, unmotivated by motion, for several cycles (5-6) before finally extinguishing permanently.

I am an electrical engineer by background and it is my opinion, after replacing the one defective light that now operates correctly, that the other (2) two lights are defective and should be replaced under warranty. A task which I am capable and willing to undertake. Thanks for your interest and I look forward to your response.

Respectfully,
Ron Martin
ronmarti is offline   Reply With Quote