Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Melbourne Beach , Florida
2015 Flying Cloud Tail Light Replacement

Bought a new 28' FC last October. First major trip I checked the tail lights and 2
of the 4 lights had multiple bulbs out. My local Airstream dealers are so busy they are not taking repairs so i hired a local mobile person.
These light fixtures are modular and you cannot replace a bulb. Gotta replace the whole assembly.
Airstream sent me 2 assemblies. The mobile repair guy could not get the wire plug quick connects through the tiny hole. The repair shop said the entire aluminum panel had to be removed if you could not access the quick connects, or I could cut the wire pass through hole bigger to locate the wire connector plugs.
There is a best way to do this repair and you should not try to pull the quick connects through the hole. Just cut the wires on both the new light and the old light and butt connect them. Of course no one told me this when the repair parts were sent to me.
Now i have to remove the whole panel to get at the wiring.
If I have had 2 out of 4 lights be bad within a few months of delivery I bet many of you have the same problem and do not know it. Check your tail lights if you have a newer model.
Kingsmen 33 is offline   Reply With Quote