Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
summerfield , Florida
05 safari LED brake light..

Discovered today I have moisture in 2 of the four LED brake turn signal lights. After removing the trim plastic chrome and removing the LED lights, I found where China glued the lens, the flange, had numorous cracks at the thin flange location on all the lens. Allowing moisture to get in .... has anyone else had this problem yet?? I doubt the dealers will do anything for me under warranty, because the lights still work. Or they would just put some sealant on the flange, which I can do myself. Thanks for any feedback on this..
safari25-05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Greensburg , Pennsylvania
Moisture in led lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari25-05
Discovered today I have moisture in 2 of the four LED brake turn signal lights. After removing the trim plastic chrome and removing the LED lights, I found where China glued the lens, the flange, had numorous cracks at the thin flange location on all the lens. Allowing moisture to get in .... has anyone else had this problem yet?? I doubt the dealers will do anything for me under warranty, because the lights still work. Or they would just put some sealant on the flange, which I can do myself. Thanks for any feedback on this..
I had the same problem with my 05 safari and dealer replaced under warranty, with no problem. Both lights were on the street side.
pintoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
This problem was quite common.
The dealer will replace under warranty as, "pintoman replied".
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote