Originally Posted by PB_NB
I replaced my mixing valve last year. It wasn't leaking to the outside but the water was running out of the shower head when the pump was running. The mixing valve was not holding pressure.
I took out the crappy mixing valve that Airstream put in the Bambi and put a home Delta unit in. Just one more thing to fix on the trailer!
One thing I noticed was there were no rubbers inside the connectors so it was impossible to get a seal when the system pressurized.
I got some PEX connectors and took the rubbers off and stuck them on the water line connectors and that did the trick.
So now I have a newer mixing valve and a tight seal.
Thank you. It looks like we'll have to replace the pressure valve. The plastic screw of the plastic elbow piece broke inside the valve, and we can't get in a good position to take it off. It's such a tiny space.
We're considering the PEX connectors too!
Thank you so much for the tips.