Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2003, 10:03 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via ICQ to overlander76 Send a message via AIM to overlander76 Send a message via Yahoo to overlander76
Toilet seat cover

Just wondering if I could get some feedback on this toilet seat cover. It looks good, matches the wallpaper and all but other than that doesn't have any other function. I don't really want anyone to sit on it. I don't think it would support the weight. On my toilet this is the only cover. It doesn't fold up very well against the hamper either. I took it off by removing the screw in the back and I like it better. It's much easier to use but now it's unsightly. I see in the service manual there is a picture of a toilet like mine and it has a plastic seat cover. I would like to get one of these. Does anyone else have issues with this setup???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toiletforweb.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	2429  
overlander76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:51 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I LOVE it!

As a matter of fact...my next trailer (I want a bigger trailer to park up on a lot in the mountains) will be a '76 or '77 Sovereign just for that wallpaper/window shade/toilet seat combo. I think it has awesome "negative karisma" it's the epitome of the '70s...for me, when we're ready to buy, if it doesn't have it all, I'll walk away.

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:50 AM   #3
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Re: I LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally posted by InsideOut
As a matter of fact...my next trailer (I want a bigger trailer to park up on a lot in the mountains) will be a '76 or '77 Sovereign just for that wallpaper/window shade/toilet seat combo. I think it has awesome "negative karisma" it's the epitome of the '70s...for me, when we're ready to buy, if it doesn't have it all, I'll walk away.

Shari
Whoa!!! Shari!!! Calm down!!! Put on your halter top and dancin' skirt, throw a BeeGees tape in the 8-track, and brew up a little herbal tea. Take a look around at your 'mushroom' and earth-tone decorations and just maybe you can forgive your next Airstream if it doesn't have your "wallpaper/window shade/toilet seat combo". After all, it COULD be "retro-" fitted!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Just my 2-cents...

Quote:
maybe you can forgive your next Airstream if it doesn't have your "wallpaper/window shade/toilet seat combo". After all, it COULD be "retro-" fitted!
I doubt that it's made any longer and anyone who pulls it out probably just throws it away.

Shari

BTW Roger, it's Neil Diamond for me, not the BeeGees!
Old 07-27-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Shari,

Thanks for turning me onto this thread, I saw it earlier but figured I'd pass on the toilet lid discussion but unbeknowst to me it was the 70's baby, yeah, yeaah!!

OV76,

That's the way they were built!! A good place to relax after a nice hot shower, maybe suck down a cold one and pick your toenails! When you bought your 70's unit you signed onto a silent pact known to all of us purists to "keep it as you found it, leave nothing but tracks". I did have to replace my toilet and was able to keep the cool lid. I missed out on the somewhat more psychidelic flower prints on my 74, got more than my fair share of deep brown though.

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via ICQ to overlander76 Send a message via AIM to overlander76 Send a message via Yahoo to overlander76
Part of why I removed the flower toilet cover was just because I want to preserve it. Until I complete the time machine, this is all I have. I'm full time in the coach right now and I was just afraid that the thing would get busted. It's supposed to fold against the hamper door (which is also trippy) but it's very hard to do. Anyone that uses the toilet, (especially after the herbal tea) needs instructions on it's use. It doesn't seem sturdy enough to sit on after a hot shower and pick my toe nails, and from being used over the years has gouged the toilet seat. So I decided to remove it and put it on moth balls for a while.

Last Friday I went to 5 flea markets in downtown Loveland looking at 8 tracks for the palyer in the entertainment center and yes I was looking for the Bee Gees. Saturday night fever baby. If the trailer's rockin...
Attached Images

overlander76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:50 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Ov76 ~ What about "your 'mushroom' and earth-tone decorations"...are they on display or in mothballs with the toilet seat?

Shari