Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
Toilet replacement '07 23'

What a question to ask. Has anyone replaced the Aqua-magic toilet in the 23' Safari? If so, with what?

I doubt if any improvement can be made on the height, but maybe an improvement can be made in a better home like seat.

From searching the internet, it seems that the SeaLand Lite might fit the space, but would it be an improvement?

We have just spent a week in our new Safari, and found the toilet to be the least favorite item in the unit.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have.

Pat
starflyte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
2011 19' International
2007 25' International CCD FB
Pleasant Hill , California
I am with you, just spent a few nights in our 2007 25 FB and the toilet is too small. I need/prefer an eliptical bowl. Anyone else replace these right off of the bat?
BoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Same question. We have a a 2004 Safari 25. The wife wants a china toilet rather than than the plastic Aqua Magic that came with the unit. Classic's have china toilets. What comes in the Classic and will the toilet fit in our Safari.
handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Toilet

The toilet in the 25' FB is mounted 8 1/2" from the wall and every toilet on the market is 9 1/2". I'm not sure on the other size FB's.
I used the tetford china by making an hole in the wall that only leave's the laminate on the bedroom side. You also have too relocate the screws that hold the closet on.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Thank's gunnyusmc,
The Thetford websight says that the Aqua Magic and the two china toilets have a rough in length of 11". However, both of the china toilets are longer than the Aqua Magic. There appears to very little clearance between the back of my toilet and the wall of the bathroom. In my case, the back of the toilet matches faces forward and matches the side of the refrigerator.
I understand your post to say that to install the china toilet I have to cut out the wall in back of the toilet. Is this correct?
handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
toilet replacement

I replaced my Thetford POS with a sealand. The sealand has a china bowl and is a very nice piece of equipment. It's very quiet, no more waking everyone in the trailer in the middle of the night.

The sealand lite is almost a direct fit replacement of the Thetford.

Mark
Old 07-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Toilet

Yes I had too route out the wall behind the toilet too the laminate on the other side. The area is only about 2"X3" too allow the valve body too clear the wall.
The important measurement is the distant from the wall too the bolts that mount the toilet too the tank. The existing one is 8 1/2" and the new one is 9 1/2". I used the round lite and it works well. I don't remember the overall size of the two toilets, but it wasn't much. Mine is in a 25' Safari FB and your's might be differant.
I called each manufacture and ask for measurement from wall too mounting bolts.
Good luck on you search.

Don

PS I have heard good things about the sealand, but they gave me the same measurement as Tetford.
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
PPL has specs on their website. RV Toilets, Holding Tanks & Sanitation
The sealand traveler lite is the smallest one we've found and a great unit. it takes a standard size household seat and while the unit comes with a crumby plastic seat (to save weight) you can swap it out for a good one easily. Be sure to order the right height - measure the old one.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Toilet replacement

I have the mysteriously not posted 07' 27 foot FB Safari. I replace the toilet with a Thetford Aria model. I had the dealer install it and he put flush against the back wall in the bathroom. I got my elongated bowl but I have to sit on it kind of sideways. The other thing is that we are getting some odor through it. This is a large toilet and it is china also. All I want is an elongated bowl like the one at the house. I will be taking the trailer back to the dealer this week to have it looked into for the odor seepage and will look at the classic series to see what type of toilets they have in them.

Love the trailer just would have expected a higher end toilet for what these things cost.
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
I have a 25SS Safari - has anybody ever slightly rotated the toilet away from the door so your knees do not hit the door?
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkowalyk
I have a 25SS Safari - has anybody ever slightly rotated the toilet away from the door so your knees do not hit the door?
I rotated the toilet (the standard plastic one) in our Bambi slightly towards the shower so our knees have a little more clearance. Having done that a couple of years ago, I do not remember all of the details, but it was necessary to make some changes to the mounting flange.
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #12
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoandall
I replaced my Thetford POS with a sealand. The sealand has a china bowl and is a very nice piece of equipment. It's very quiet, no more waking everyone in the trailer in the middle of the night.

The sealand lite is almost a direct fit replacement of the Thetford.

Mark
Hi Mark, we need a new toilet and are considering the Sea/Land china bowl...can you still use the hand spray with Sea/Land?

Thanx, Bill
Old 02-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
All,

as you can see in my previous post I have replaced my tan plastic throne with one of higher quality and comfort (thetford ARia Classic). I have not been real pleased with the fit of it (riding side saddle not too comfortable)and have ordered the Sea Land (Dometic) Traveler Lite 111 that is used in the classic line with the same floor plan as my trailer. I ordered it with the sprayer from PPL Motorhomes today and expect it here in the next few days. I am expecting a blissful experience my next trip to the throne. I will update you with the install.

BTW the ordor was a babywipe my sone had flushed down the toilet clogging the vent. A little water down the vent line with the hose fixed that.
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTex
Hi Mark, we need a new toilet and are considering the Sea/Land china bowl...can you still use the hand spray with Sea/Land?

Thanx, Bill
Yes, although it may depend on which model you order. Mine has it. (Sealand Lite)
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Quote:
Originally Posted by handn
Same question. We have a a 2004 Safari 25. The wife wants a china toilet rather than than the plastic Aqua Magic that came with the unit. Classic's have china toilets. What comes in the Classic and will the toilet fit in our Safari.

The Classics don't have china toilets. At least my 07 25' Classic doesn't.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #16
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman
The Classics don't have china toilets. At least my 07 25' Classic doesn't.
some of them do...

basically the sealand/dometic traveler lite model noted above (by krazy') came in the 34 classics only.

it is a china toilet...

almost all of the other classics come with the throne you have.

i'm on my 3rd sea land-dometic traveler lite...

the first 2 had faulty bowl seals that stopped 'sealing' after a few months....

so rather than rebuild it (under warranty) they just sent me complete NEW crappers...

so now i've got an extra at home that just needs a gasket replacement...

it's very low mileage, only used on sundays!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
2011 19' International
2007 25' International CCD FB
Pleasant Hill , California
So, if I wanted to put the sealand/dometic traveler lite into my 25FB then I am going to have to use a router on the wall due to the 9-1/2" bolt to wall clearance?

Also, are you using the tall or short model? While the taller one would be preferred the shorter one might be better for access to the cabinet behind the toilet.

Finally, what is all this talk about hand sprayers?
BoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Finally, what is all this talk about hand sprayers?
This is a handheld sprayer that assists in rinsing "product" out of the bowl.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Toilet in 25SS Safari

I have a 25SS Safari - and we installed a Sealand low profile China Toilet - and slightly rotated the toilet away from the door -- it is a much better - your knees do not hit the door, but are close
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Sprayers

My first Airstream was the 2005 CCD 22' - it has a china bowl and a sprayer.

In my ignorance I thought my sprayer was broken. Then I found out that it only worked when my foot was on the flusher. Gee, that didn't make a lot of sense, standing over an open drain in July trying to get a little product off of the inside of the bowl, with a wide open sewer - gently wafting fermenting methane up at me...

Then I suddenly realized... wet bath, sink faucet doubles as shower wand... warm water dissolves product faster, THEN you flush. Never used the wand again.

Cleaning the wet bath was super easy too, a couple of scoushes of scrubbing bubbles, on all the surfaces, wipe down, get out the shower wand and rinse all the mess down the floor drain. Wipe the seat dry and leave on the fan so evaporation can do it's thing. Must say I found the shower bigger and had plenty of room when seated - just wouldn't have worked when one wanted to shower and a partner wanted to be seated.

Paula