Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Toilet options

The factory toilet is a bit too short for the length of the bowl. I had my dealer install a Thetford Aria china elongated bowl which would be great if it was canted like the stock toilet. He installed it flush to the wall however and we have to sit on it kind of sideways. Are there any toilets out there that will work in there that are china and have the elongate bowl? Also how hard is this to install? I have installed toilets in the house myself. I could make the Aria work by relocating the bolts right?
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Single Slice

2004 28' Safari S/O
Livingston , Louisiana
toilet position

2004 28' Safari - when I sit on the toilet my knee hits the cabinet, so I have to sit side-saddle. Did you ever find a cure for your problem, I was thinking of turning my toilet and point it towards the door to give more butt to knee room. Any help of if this can be done?
david686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari S/O
pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
I removed the wall and door on my 28 safari and installed a riser. Wanted to twist the toilet out a little to solve the comfort issue but I think the tank flange is glued in to the black water tank. So I have not found a solution to that yet.

Made a big difference in bathroom.
DaKarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
The new Toilet you have purchased is not the problem here, it is rather the flange that is the problem! The fix is simple but takes some doing! You simple need to drill and dremel new off-setted anchor points! Instead of using the standard elongated square headed bolts that fit into the normal slot, you must replace these with normal bolts! There are two schools of thought on bolts, one is stainless bolts that will not rust but could become difficult to remove later or bolts that will rust but can easily be broken away at a latter time! I like the stainless steel better! Your choice in toilets is a good one! Good Luck!

Todd
Instagram #Vinstream
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Abe.H

2002 25' Safari
2019 27' International
1976 25' Tradewind
Ramona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKarch
I removed the wall and door on my 28 safari and installed a riser. Wanted to twist the toilet out a little to solve the comfort issue but I think the tank flange is glued in to the black water tank. So I have not found a solution to that yet.

Made a big difference in bathroom.
Hey that flange is a thread on ,remove the screws for the flange and unscrew it 1/4 of a turn or as much as you need to turn the toilet a little , then reinstall screws
RVMS2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
Single Slice

2004 28' Safari S/O
Livingston , Louisiana
There is a little slot in the toilet base bolt holes to turn the toilet a little, which I did. I then use a full size replacement toilet seat, instead of the standard one on the toilet , place it on the bowl with cleats on the under side to hole it in place and can angle it giving my knees enough room. I will look into the 'thread on flange' to see if I can do away with the additional modified seat. Thanks
david686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari S/O
pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Vinstream...I was in your neighborhood in Sept...stayed in a city campground then one closer to Golden. Have family out there. CO great place!

I thought about making a slot and then filling in around the bolt head with JB weld.

RVMS2U...I had a large screw driver and a hammer and could not budge that flange. I was concerned with cracking it. If you are certain it is screwed in, maybe I will try a large pair of channel locks and see if I can get it to turn.

I only need about 15 degrees of spin and Bob's your uncle...
DaKarch is offline   Reply With Quote