Old 09-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Cypress , Texas
Toilet Leak - Puzzled

We have a 2019 AS GT with a Dometic 310 Series toilet. During a recent trip we found the bowl would not hold water. You could fill it and it would leak down. I purchased plumbing safe grease and applied it to the gasket and it seamed to help.

During a trip this weekend I noticed a small amount of standing water on the base near one of the mounting screws beneath the foot pedal. Not enough to get on the floor, but enough to make me concerned. I searched carefully for the source around the valve and foot pedal but found nothing. At this point I assumed we had just spilled some water. But it happened a few more times over the weekend and each time I could not find the source.

Today I ordered a new ball seal to replace my plumbers grease bandaid. I also ordered a valve assuming this is the most likely area that is leaking.

Has anyone had a similar issue? If so what was the fix?

Any chance the leak is coming from the pedal assembly?
olgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
Grace the Airstream

2020 27' Globetrotter
Powhatan , Virginia
We have had the same issues. Found out the seal on the toilet bowl sometimes doesn't seal completely and let's the water seep down.

As for other water sitting on the floor our issue was fixed by hand tighttening the slip nut for the water supply. It was a little loose and would occasionally leak out some water which as you know finds a low point.

Haven't had an issue since.

Hope your issues are as easy to fix as ours.

FWIW I took the hole toilet off and apart before I figured out it was the supply line. It was that slight of a leak.
pdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
RCC
1 Rivet Member

2019 25' Globetrotter
Rogersville , Missouri
We also have 2019 GT. Our toilet seal leaked and replacing it solved the problem so far. We had leaky supply line also—due to the connection being cross-threaded. Putting it on correctly has stopped that leak so far.
RCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
dst
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
The Woodlands , Texas
Yep, we are on our second valve seal as well. In storage the water in the bowl evaporated and I think that let the seal dry out and warp. At least it is pretty easy to replace. Have contemplated putting a little veggie oil in the bowl for storage since it would not evaporate. But I don't want it to go rancid.
dst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
Maybe try glycerin instead of vegetable oil. It can rejuvenate seals but won't go rancid.
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:36 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
I left some RV antifreeze in it the first year we had it and it warped the seal a little. I was told it should and should not make a difference. I left it dry the next winterizing and it warped again, just a little. When I would take it out of winterization and let water sit in the bowl it would stop leaking.

I have been told that Oatey plumbing silicone is the best to use. I have been using that for the past few seasons and it works better, no warping. The silicone is a thick liquid so it's easy to apply.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE
Most of us don't know exactly what we want, but we're pretty sure we don't have it. -Alfred E. Neuman
richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote