Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Sedona , Arizona
Shower Drain Leak 2012 16' Sport

When I use the shower (and only when I use the shower), water leaks out the bottom of the trailer right behind the right wheel. I thought it would be straightforward to access the area under the shower pan but "heck no"! I removed the belly pan only to discover that it only exposes the waste tank. Any advice on how to access the shower drain line between the shower darin and tank would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom, 2012 16' Bambi Sport
debrunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:56 PM   #2
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Wow, that's two posts today, same issue. First, make sure it's the drain. Pour a bucket of water in the shower to see if it leaks. If not, then it is likely a bad fitting leak at the shower control valve or where the handheld hose goes in behind the wall. If the bucket test passes, run the shower with the wand in a bucket...if leak occurs, then yep it's not the drain it's somewhere in the supply.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Sedona , Arizona
Thanks for the suggestion. I did confirm that the leak is in the shower drain line. Looks like a real PITA to access the line. My guess is that I will end up cutting an access panel in the belly skin (not belly pan as I have already removed it). Airstream should have made this area accessible since even replacement of the shower drain requires access to the area under the shower. I have an e-mail submitted to Airstream USA to get advice. Hoping to do this myself as I live 2-1/2 hrs from the dealer.
debrunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:28 PM   #4

2019 16' Sport
Albuquerque , New Mexico
16" Sport shower drain

How did you end up accessing the drain line? Did you cut an access panel? Did Airstream respond? I have the same issue and would like access ideas.
acmebrett is offline   Reply With Quote