Old 07-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Fort Saunders , Wyoming
Shower Door Hinge- nylon support is minimal

I scanned the part that hinges the glass door in our 2014 25 foot International. I am cleaning out junk today and kept this as a 'memory of our 25 foot Airstream'. Not really, I am tossing it as well, but this may help some owners with hinge issues.

The glass door in the 2014 is heavy. Plastic may offer a better option in the future.

If you look at the flush end of the white nylon support... it is missing a small piece that supports the shower door. When it breaks off, the door will not hinge properly and you will have to 'lift and swing' shut.

The door will bounce in the frame when traveling down the road. Eventually this piece of nylon breaks at the weakest point.

My cure is difficult to explain. I found a larger nylon support that I attached to the base. You may figure out a better way, but I do not have the trailer here to photograph. When the door is opened, the support moves in an arc. Seeing the arc will determine your possible options.

I also took a 45 degree piece of metal and attached it to prevent the door from bouncing UP. This was attached to the top of the hinge, into the aluminum frame. A bracket can also be mounted on the left side of the shower door to secure the bounce.

This did finish my amateur repair with what materials I found in my garage. The nylon part was among plumbing supplies, odds and ends.

If someone had similar issues, how did you fix the hinge? Your process may be much easier than my digging through hardware in the garage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan 1.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	348060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan 2.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	348061