Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

springville , Alabama
Replace shower faucet in Sylvia/Larry?

Hey ya'll,

Brand new hope this is the proper spot for my question. Our Sovereign ('71 or'72) has a frozen shower valve. It will not pull out at all. Dave has water everywhere else now with no leaks (I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT)! I am sure that we will probably need a new valve, and I read a post regarding that, but I want to be sure I understand. Can we replace with a new valve from Lowes or only a trailer type valve from an RV supply? Dave would probably understand better than I, but he spends most of his time with his head inside the water heater compartment. Also, our water supply has a regulator from the meter to the trailer (on advice from the water dept.). Will we still need a regulator/reducer for full time use? (Using a water hose to check things so far) Thanks!! Val
david b jone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Givin this a Bump up. Dave need help!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

springville , Alabama
Hey Balrgn!

I wanted to thank you for you concern for poor Dave. Bless his heart, he finally came out of the water heater compartment and used a moen cartridge puller to remove the bad piece so now I have a working shower!!! I was the only one really concerned because everbody else is to tall to use it anyway. Just a thought...to redo airstreams you better be VERY handy with things or have lots of money to pay those who are. But we all love a challenge don't we!! Val
david b jone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by david b jone
I wanted to thank you for you concern for poor Dave. Bless his heart, he finally came out of the water heater compartment and used a moen cartridge puller to remove the bad piece so now I have a working shower!!! I was the only one really concerned because everbody else is to tall to use it anyway. Just a thought...to redo airstreams you better be VERY handy with things or have lots of money to pay those who are. But we all love a challenge don't we!! Val
Very nice. They tend to be an adventure, these restorations!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote