Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2022, 10:14 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Caravel
London , Ontario
Replace kitchen faucet - standard fittings?

2021 Caravel 16RB and the kitchen faucet is apparently irreversibly clogged with calcium deposit. This according to the dealer who had the unit for water pump issue. Surprised since it was winterized and not used when delivered in November 2021, then just used for a week in April before taking it back to them.

We have run out of time as we leave on Thursday for a 2 month trip and they are still waiting on replacement. I will get the trailer back tomorrow and plan to buy something at local hardware for our trip and then get the proper one installed in the fall. As long as it is a single hole, same as existing, is there anything else to consider?

Thanks,
Claudio Martin
critical367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #2
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Can't speak to how the 2021 trailers are connected, but I just did this on my 1994. Same basic principle, I'm sure.

I'd suggest taking the old fixture with you to the store. There are a couple of varieties for how the plumbing connects to the faucet, and having the old one with you will allow you to choose one which requires the fewest number of adapters. On our bathroom sink I was able to find one which was a direct bolt-in exchange, and on the kitchen all we needed was to add a pair of short feed lines and a brass adapter.

Also helps to take lots of photos above and below to have on hand at the store.
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser (Sold)
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Caravel
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
Can't speak to how the 2021 trailers are connected, but I just did this on my 1994. Same basic principle, I'm sure.

I'd suggest taking the old fixture with you to the store. There are a couple of varieties for how the plumbing connects to the faucet, and having the old one with you will allow you to choose one which requires the fewest number of adapters. On our bathroom sink I was able to find one which was a direct bolt-in exchange, and on the kitchen all we needed was to add a pair of short feed lines and a brass adapter.

Also helps to take lots of photos above and below to have on hand at the store.
Great suggestions. Thank you !
Old 06-28-2022, 02:30 PM   #4
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Can't imagine a faucet being calcified in such a short time. But I'm sure you removed the strainer and cartridge from the faucet, right?

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:41 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Caravel
London , Ontario
Picked up the trailer and they decided the faucet was not the problem. They replaced the original pump with a larger unit and it seems to be OK.