Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Good info Cheif, will have to try that.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
Good info Cheif, will have to try that.
I think I am going to open it up a bit more. I really do not use it enough to justify spending another $50 to replace the shower head.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:02 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Miami Springs , Florida
Does the Oxigenics have a way to stop the water flowing like the OEM, or do you have to close the faucet?
Gallego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:53 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallego View Post
Does the Oxigenics have a way to stop the water flowing like the OEM, or do you have to close the faucet?
Yes, it has a an on/off (trickle) push button.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 11-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
This looks like it might have potential for both inside and outside showers.

http://www.ecocamel-showerheads.com/...t/110-jetstorm

Michael, any Idea of the diameter of the shower head? I couldn't find any measurements. Looks good, but could be too large to cram into the shower cabinet.
TN,”Greenest State in the Land of the Free”.Davy Crocket
" America is not a place;it's a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn Traveler View Post
Michael, any Idea of the diameter of the shower head? I couldn't find any measurements. Looks good, but could be too large to cram into the shower cabinet.
It looks to large to me also.
The small Oxigenics barely fits in mine and it has a much smaller profile.
After enlarging the reducer hole in the external shower hose connection I am happy using the OEM sprayer for rinse offs and cool downs.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:51 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Miami Springs , Florida
Thank you for the good advise Chief. I found it on Amazon for $28 so I think it is definitely worth to try. When we were living in Europe our Campervan had a similar system and it definitely saved water, and filling up tanks.
Does anyone knows of a similar item for the kitchen and sink faucets?
Thanks
Old 11-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
my , house
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
When I removed the OEM outside hose I found a built in reducer with a bit less than 1/8 inch hole. Using a drill bit I slightly enlarged the hole. Water flow was noticeably increased. Went ahead and tried the Oxygenics head. The improvement in apparent water flow was almost double the OEM shower head. Sorry no photo, I am maxed out in space.
I did the same thing with the drill bit- Made mine better as well.
bwpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
I did a retrofit install. I installed it just outside the vanity sink area just below the counter level. This is the stainless steel upgrade. Works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	275540  
TN,”Greenest State in the Land of the Free”.Davy Crocket
" America is not a place;it's a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #30
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Now that you folks have worked out the mechanical part, I hope you can find some beautiful remote campsite with no near neighbours, where you can actually shower in the great outdoors. No need to restrict usage to hosing down the dog.

Flip-flops or some kind of raised platform underfoot are helpful for keeping the mud off your feet.

Oh, and make sure a big bath towel is very handy, just in case....
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Nevada City , California
I use a popup shower tent. Plenty of privacy. Saves grey tank space a LOT

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
WaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I've never had a problem with mine (2012 27FB Cloud). There are some sites where an outdoor shower is preferable. Also great to have with a dog if they particularly dirty/stinky on a trail or something.
Last week we were in The Keys at Long Key State Park. I'd have to check if we could have showered outside, but it sure would have helped to extend our grey water tank.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Miami Springs , Florida
Depends on how you park most SP sites in Sofla offer a bit of privacy. We use it a lot, we bring with us a couple of plastic tiles like these: http://www.greatmats.com/shop/cart.p...FQsKaQodrrgFSQ
and use biodegradable outdoor soap. We are not that demure or shy to be seen in the distance, but we understand other people's feelings and have to respect, so we use shower using a swiming suit and do it fast. Also works great for our soon, and we hope no one should feel embarrassed or ofended by a 3 year old.
I understand is a matter of mentalities and that in a public space you have to think of the others around, but also think when you are in your site you deserve some privacy...
Old 11-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Miami Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
Last week we were in The Keys at Long Key State Park. I'd have to check if we could have showered outside, but it sure would have helped to extend our grey water tank.
At Long Key I wouldn't use any soap at all fi taking a shower outside, you are almost on top of the sea in protected area. It goes against Long Key rules to use any kind of outside shower if I remember, but if it is only a quick plain water refreshment it can't hurt anything...
Old 03-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn Traveler View Post
I did a retrofit install. I installed it just outside the vanity sink area just below the counter level. This is the stainless steel upgrade. Works great.
I have been looking at buying this retrofit. I am curious if the Stainless box is the same size as the plastic one that came with my Airstream?
Hicks3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
With the Oxygenic, can you just screw off the OEM head and screw on the Oxygenic? Or do you have to replace the hose and screw on a new head holder? Don’t like screwing in the wall.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
With the Oxygenic, can you just screw off the OEM head and screw on the Oxygenic? Or do you have to replace the hose and screw on a new head holder? Don’t like screwing in the wall.

In the shower, you can just change the head. No need to replace the hose.
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:34 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
..save the hose from the new Oxygenic you can pick up an adapter to extend the reach of the outdoor shower.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:23 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiles View Post
Thought some of you (and maybe Airstream!) would want to know the problem. It turns out that the outdoor shower head that Airstream provided is not the appropriate fixture. I know this because: I contacted Airstream to ask about this problem and they sent me another shower unit (mixer, hose and head). It was the same one that came with the trailer. ...and it worked exactly the same too...poorly. So, to experiment, I took the indoor shower head off and installed it on the outdoor shower unit. Low and behold, that shower head works fine...just like it did inside. I have ordered a similar head (Delta) with the same flow rate 2.5 gpm and will install that to replace the lame head that Airstream provided.
I know this thread is quite old, but the last few trips with our Airstream we actually wanted to use this to rinse off after swimming in the lake and get all the dirt off our feet as well. After watching a pathetic dribble, I took off the head of the outside shower unit, opened it up and removed the restrictor. While I no longer have control of the water (it's either all on, or all off based on faucet handles), it works. I suspect if I filed down the brass unit that operates the restrictor it might let in a bit more water to the shower head, I just decided it wasn't worth it.
wbrisett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Boothbay Harbor , Maine
Replace with Oxygenics showerhead

We, like others, had just a trickle on our 2017. Since I couldn't find anything wrong with the factory shower head, I replaced it with an Oxygenics one. Works great! I had already replaced the interior show with one. Since it's hard to store in the exterior shower box, I keep in another compartment and put it on when needed. Just don't lose the little black washer that should stay between the hose end and shower head. We also use a wooden slat mat to keep our feet clean.
2023 GMC Denali 3500
kdinnar is offline   Reply With Quote