Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
kds
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Frederickburg , Texas
Question Low water flow in Thetford toilet

Has anyone had a problem with low water flow in their Thetford toilet. I have been traveling in my 08 Airstream for a couple of weeks now and no issue until today. I went to flush the toilet and hardly have any water pressure. I am hooked up to city water and both sinks have their normal flow. I disconnected from the city water and used my water pump. Same thing, sinks are fine but low flow coming out of the toilet. I took a q-tip and swabbed out opening where water enters. No difference. I checked the valve behind the toilet to see if it had accidently gotten turned but not the case. Any ideas???? Water is still coming out just very slowly----any help would be greatly appreciated! I have another 2 weeks on the road and can always use the shower head to help with flushing but not ideal---but hey--that's what camping is all about , right?

KDS
kds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Take off the supply line where it goes into the flush valve and see if you have plenty of water there. If you do, I would guess the flush valve is clogged or simply bad.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote