Old 09-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Cypress , Texas
Dometic 310 Toilet Leak - Puzzled

We have a 2019 AS GT with a Dometic 310 Series toilet. During a recent trip we found the bowl would not hold water. You could fill it and it would leak down. I purchased plumbing safe grease and applied it to the gasket and it seamed to help.

During a trip this weekend I noticed a small amount of standing water on the base near one of the mounting screws beneath the foot pedal. Not enough to get on the floor, but enough to make me concerned. I searched carefully for the source around the valve and foot pedal but found nothing. At this point I assumed we had just spilled some water. But it happened a few more times over the weekend and each time I could not find the source.

Today I ordered a new ball seal to replace my plumbers grease bandaid. I also ordered a valve assuming this is the most likely area that is leaking.

Has anyone had a similar issue? If so what was the fix?

Any chance the leak is coming from the pedal assembly?
olgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Tommy Bahama
2016 30' Flying Cloud
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
We have the same problem when filling with the flush valve. Intermittently, it will leak around the round part of the flush valve. Other times, it does not. Never leaks when flushing, just sometimes when filling. I have had my hand at the spot on the flush valve when it leaks so I know it is the flush valve.
Dometic did not have an answer when I contacted them.

Rick
Old 09-21-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Cypress , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rperrym View Post
We have the same problem when filling with the flush valve. Intermittently, it will leak around the round part of the flush valve. Other times, it does not. Never leaks when flushing, just sometimes when filling. I have had my hand at the spot on the flush valve when it leaks so I know it is the flush valve.

Dometic did not have an answer when I contacted them.

Rick

Rick, thanks for the info. Just to be clear the leak is at the foot pedal or at the main valve where the water supply is attached?
Old 09-21-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Tommy Bahama
2016 30' Flying Cloud
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Understood. Ours is dry at all times, except when adding water with the flush valve. Then, at times, it leaks around the flush valve. No leaks at any other locations and then only intermittently at the flush valve.

Rick
Old 09-21-2020, 08:33 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
We had a somewhat similar problem this summer with our 8 year old toilet. I determined it was related to the foot pedal assembly as it didn't leak when the bowl was empty and only leaked when there was water in the bowl. The dealer replaced the toilet with a new one. If you have a 2019 Airstream, you should be covered by warranty.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:15 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Cypress , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
We had a somewhat similar problem this summer with our 8 year old toilet. I determined it was related to the foot pedal assembly as it didn't leak when the bowl was empty and only leaked when there was water in the bowl. The dealer replaced the toilet with a new one. If you have a 2019 Airstream, you should be covered by warranty.

Cyclist, you are correct it is still covered by warranty. The issue is, the only dealer in Houston TX has a 1-2 month wait to get in and based on past experience it will be in the shop an additional 1-2 months. In addition, Airstream has refused to allow us to use a mobile mechanic for warranty work. So unless I am willing to give up use for 2-4 months, it is my problem to deal with. I was quite angry the first year we owned it and it was in the shop for around 4 months. Now I have just accepted that it is a less than quality product and the service Airstream provides to the customer is very poor.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgoat View Post
Cyclist, you are correct it is still covered by warranty. The issue is, the only dealer in Houston TX has a 1-2 month wait to get in and based on past experience it will be in the shop an additional 1-2 months. In addition, Airstream has refused to allow us to use a mobile mechanic for warranty work. So unless I am willing to give up use for 2-4 months, it is my problem to deal with. I was quite angry the first year we owned it and it was in the shop for around 4 months. Now I have just accepted that it is a less than quality product and the service Airstream provides to the customer is very poor.
That's too bad about your dealer. I'm lucky and haven't had that experience (Can-Am RV in London, Ontario). This isn't an Airstream quality issue but rather Dometic's but it still rankles.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote