Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #1

Royston, , B.C.
'75 Argosy trailer toilet 'flush water leak'

I've got a trailer that's been 'rode hard and put away wet!" I can't find a manufacturer's name on the toilet. It's got a two part foot pump and auxilliary shower head flush hose.
The leak is small - it's under the bowl at one of the threaded fittings - seems like three fittings in there. I've tried tightening/loosening using a 'stubby' box end but can only get one wrench in there. I want to use two wrenches so I don't split the aging copper pipe. Can't see any hold down nuts/bolts/clamps etc. The toilet sits on a 'pedestal' that's riveted together. Before I drill out the rivets etc to get access does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks
Derek
Derek Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
AS must have used the same plumber, my 2000 had same leak, plasitic fittings, over time they loosened, managed to separate by taking off hose and one at a time removed adapters and elbow, put a few wraps of teflon tape on each joint and put back using hand to tighten and final turn with plyers. They saved about two inches of tape on each joint.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Derek - you may want to post a picture of the toilet if you can.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote