Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
1966 20' Globetrotter
johnsoncity , Tennessee
64 bath sink sprayer

have leaky sprayer that needs to be removed since we don't use it. how do I get the sprayer hose out and stopped - do I need to remove sink? If so, how do you get the sink out?
donh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by donh1 View Post
have leaky sprayer that needs to be removed since we don't use it. how do I get the sprayer hose out and stopped - do I need to remove sink? If so, how do you get the sink out?
You should be able to get to it from inside the rear compartment. Some flexibility on your part may be required. You can probably put a plug or cap where the line for the sprayer comes out, and you shouldn't have to take the sink out. If the sink isn't one of those molded-to-the-counter ones, it may be easier to get to, though. Just a dozen or so 5/16" or 3/8" clamp bolts and disconnect the P trap.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
We were able to access our for replacement under the sink. My husband got down in the tub and could reach it from there. It is a bear to get to. You should be able to cap it off. I think most are run off the cold water supply line. Good luck.
NicheVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
1966 20' Globetrotter
johnsoncity , Tennessee
Thanks but getting down in the tub and looking up under the sink; there is no access hole or anything. Did you have an opening under the sink?
donh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
On ours there is an opening in the back.
NicheVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

My faucet had the shower riser attached to the top of the faucet. It wouldn't be necessary to get under the sink on mine, though there is an access hole.
I found out that not all '64s had this hole. I can remove the faucet and disconnect all of the under-sink plumbing from inside there with a lot of contorting and straining. This is where I learned "blind-plumbing".

Best to you,
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote