Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
61 Caravel Bathroom

My trailer has the world's weirdest bathroom. It has a shower pan, but no shower. It has a sink whose drain pipe ends in mid-air over the shower pan. It does have a toilet on a step like the others of its era (pink, of course). Also in the paperwork that came with the trailer is a brochure for a Unica Shower.

The sink that is there does not look original, and the wall has been cut to accomodate the faucet. I think that the shower was at some point removed, and a sink installed. I found a picture of a shower in a 63 Bambi on Vintage Airstream Home (the middle one) that looks like it would match the original holes in the bathroom wall.

I uploded pictures of the bathroom as it is now to my photo gallery. Does anyone have any ideas how this may have been configured? Does my idea make any logical sense?

Kaye
1961 Caravel
kayelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Yeah, t'aint an original thing in there based on my uneducated guess.

Are you just trying to find out more about it, or contemplating a re-do of the bath area? Personally, I think your bath is a good candidate for all new stuff, laid out according to what suits you best - rather than trying to find original pieces.

When I get around to gutting my '63 GlobeTrotter (maybe next summer) I'll probably unload lots of my bathroom (we're redoing it as more of a yacht bathroom, with teak floor grate for the shower, etc. If our schedules overlap maybe you'll want my old sink and faucet, etc.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:22 PM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
The only original item I saw is the hook to the left of the faucet. It originally held up the shower nozzle for hands free operation. I especially like the drain to nowhere, nice touch. Guess you could wash your hands and feet at the same time.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:17 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo
Are you just trying to find out more about it, or contemplating a re-do of the bath area? Personally, I think your bath is a good candidate for all new stuff, laid out according to what suits you best - rather than trying to find original pieces.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it's not staying this way. The first thing out is the sink. It may just end up with only a toilet (and the attractive shower pan). I mostly stay in places with showers, and don't think I would use one in the trailer.

Kaye
kayelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel