Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
2019 GROHE Sink Faucet- CHECK

We purchased a NEW 2019 27 foot International Signature that had a Grohe Faucet. Very nice, stylish and worked fine.

On a trip this Fall, the stem of the faucet was laying in the Sink. It also had rotated at the base. At first, me not spending a lot of time in our Home Kitchen or hovering around the sink in the trailer thought the faucet was suppose to pull out for... some purpose.

No. Not so. When it was installed something was missing or broken. I noticed the faucet was rotated, as well. Looking under the sink there is a large brass knurled 'nut' that had backed off and let the faucet rotate. I figured out how to tighten the knurled brass nut so it was firm.

Nancy, much smarter than I about faucets and we had Grohe at our last home, knew something was wrong with the stem. Stem- the curved part that the water comes out into the sink. I have no clue what a plumber would call it.

To our surprise, the Las Vegas Airstream service said the faucet was defective and needed to be replaced. Whatever was suppose to hold this 'stem' was missing. Then this knurled brass nut underneath the sink was also MISSING the two brass screws that once it is snug, you tighten these two screws to hold it.

So, whomever at Airstream who assembled our sink, stuck this in probably knowing it was defective. This was on our FIRST TRIP. The two missing screws to prevent the faucet from becoming loose were ALSO missing.

This is just some advice to look under your sink if you have a Grohe. It worked fine with how it operated, it was just installed improperly. These two screws to snug it all up... take a peak and check it out.