Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2024, 10:27 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
Where’s the mixing valve?

2000 Safari twin. After looking around the forums. I think I need to clean or replace my mixing valve. I have all the original schematics. I have good access to the WH from inside under the bed. Can anyone help me find where the mixing valve is? Schematic attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4218.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	420.3 KB
ID:	442874   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4217.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	442875  

mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:05 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Oriental , North Carolina
hot water mixing valve

You do not have a mixing valve. If you did it would be where the hot water leaves the tank and where bypass cold water comes in from the cold line. In this style of plumbing there is just one valve to shut or opened to bypass the hot water tank or to use the tank. Your picture and schematic show three valves to bypass and no mixing valve. To bypass you have to shut the red line (hot) and white line (cold) valve and open the valve where the line switches from white to red (the bypass valve). This forces cold water to not enter the tank and go to the hot side, but as cold water. In hot water mode, the three valves are the opposite. If any one of these valves is wrong....you will not get hot water or it will be warm at best. Check the valves.
Safe travels.
Fred
Malia20 is offline   Reply With Quote