Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
san jose , California
Water Pump Replacement, Intl 28

Greetings,
I have been searching threads about replacing the WP in our unit. I have not found any. Can anyone provide any info? I do know it is under the fridge, but not how to get to it. Thank You
Tony. Is a 2014
Bajaexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
There is a thread in the forums where the owner had to remove the electrical panel/charger/converter out of the way to get access to the water pump. Is your panel under the fridge?

Is yours like this?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f445...ss-140909.html
Old 04-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
san jose , California
Water Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
There is a thread in the forums where the owner had to remove the electrical panel/charger/converter out of the way to get access to the water pump. Is your panel under the fridge?

Is yours like this?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f445...ss-140909.html
Greetings,

Ours has a different panel with a smoke alarm and the heater vent. However I have found the way to remove the panel and locate the pump.Not an easy access but it is reachable. Just received the new part today and Iwill give it a try today. Shurflo 4048153E75 4gpm. Many thank's for your response.
Bajaexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
water pump

I replaced the Shurflo pump on my 2014 International model. I went with the WFCO Artis pump, cause it is supposed to be quieter and it is. Its not a bad pump. It pumps 3 gallons per minute. The original Shurflo started leaking around the head. I'd like to get a kit from Shurflo and rebuild it.

The new pump I put on neoprene mounts that I had from some old shocks I had replaced on my Jeep. Extra hose and winding it around in freeze tube foam, so I get no vibration, It works good.
Here is my area under the fridge. I plan on putting Foam insulation board on the top area and sides and door/cover.
wheel well is right behind those hoses.

Its a good area to work compared to some models of AS. Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump_area_0257.png
Views:	226
Size:	719.4 KB
ID:	282826  
Old 04-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajaexplorer View Post
Greetings,
I have been searching threads about replacing the WP in our unit. I have not found any. Can anyone provide any info? I do know it is under the fridge, but not how to get to it. Thank You
Tony. Is a 2014
Welcome to the forum!

Your owner's manual should tell you where the pump is, and how to access it. Airstream water pumps are located all over, depending on the year, length and model, so you might want to wait until someone with your exact model chimes in here. [Edit -- Tyvekcat has your model and year, so hopefully he can point the way here.]

We can find the manual online, if you are unable to locate the pump. Please advise.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Could you provide guidance on how to get to the pump? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyvekcat View Post
I replaced the Shurflo pump on my 2014 International model. I went with the WFCO Artis pump, cause it is supposed to be quieter and it is. Its not a bad pump. It pumps 3 gallons per minute. The original Shurflo started leaking around the head. I'd like to get a kit from Shurflo and rebuild it.

The new pump I put on neoprene mounts that I had from some old shocks I had replaced on my Jeep. Extra hose and winding it around in freeze tube foam, so I get no vibration, It works good.
Here is my area under the fridge. I plan on putting Foam insulation board on the top area and sides and door/cover.
wheel well is right behind those hoses.

Its a good area to work compared to some models of AS. Hope this helps
Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
panel

Oh yeah, BajaExplorer, that panel you mention in your original post, it just pops off the small latches, just pull forward, Gently.

Then you have the power wire on one of the alarms there, I think its the Lg gas alarm, but there should be enough slack to move it a little. You will have to slide that air handler hose off the vent on the panel.
That hose is annoying. Since I don't use the forced air furnace, that hose is compressed with a couple binder clips, and moved to the side so you can get to the water pump. The one air handler hose you see in my pic, is the hose going to the rear bedroom. Its kinda out of the way. The wheel well is right behind it.

That panel right below the refrigerator is removable, you just pull it off gently, and install is reverse, lining up the tab on the right first and pressing it on.
I added wire and put a connector for the power to the LG gas alarm, that way I could move that panel completely out of the way
You will see everything under there, its a rats nest, mine was. LOL
post any questions, welcome to the forum, have a good one !
Old 04-07-2017, 04:54 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Here are some other threads which may be helpful for this specific model:

https://www.google.com/search?q=wate...=airforums.com

Good luck, Bajaexplorer!

Peter
Old 04-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #9
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
Although not necessarily suitable for all models, I installed a 10 deck plate for boats in my closet floor. It sure beats emptying the closet to winterize the pump system.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote