Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Water pump

Is there a better water pump than the one I have in my Airstream.MAN...That thing is loud.What is probably the most quietest pump out there that will not rattle and produce so much noise.Thanks.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
Hello -

AS uses a high quality pump, but they install it a little differently than the pump manufacturer recommends. The recommended installation is to use FLEXIBLE tubing for about a foot before and after the pump on the input and output lines - AS uses rigid tubing. There is a retro-fit kit that you can buy in RV stores that adds on the flexible tubing without having to cut the rigid tubing. I installed this last fall and it actually makes quite a difference. Additionally, I've put a mouse pad between the pump and the floor to absorb vibration as well.

Reading through several RV publications shows me that this is not just an AS problem, but one that affects the owners of many different brands.

BTW - if you install this flexible tubing, why not install a winterizing kit at the same time since you'll be at the water pump anyway - the kit allows you to siphon RV antifreeze directly from the bottles into the pump and have the pump send it throughout your plumbing system.

Good luck to you!

steve
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi devoman and steve

try the search function.....water + pump + noise.......

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ter+pump+noise

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ter+pump+noise

at least 6 good threads on this topic....every angle covered....models, mounting, flex tubing....it's all there.......

virtually every topic has got good archive material......love the search function

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Thanks

Thanks.I need to figure something out here soon since hurricane season is just around the corner.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:06 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
D-Man,

You have a couple of choices in the pump dep't. Shureflo make a 'Whisper King' that is a low RPM 2.0 GPM pump that is marketed as the quitest in the industry. If you want more volume, they make 2 microprocessor controlled variable speed quiet models, a 4.0 GPM and the creme-de-la-creme...... the Extreme Series 5.7 GPM model.

Prices range from $105 for the Whisper to $168 to $225 for the super-duper version. The pump silencing kit and possibly a rubber mount/vibration isolator is also a great idea.

Let me know if you need help in getting one of these.

You also have mail!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote