Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Delmar , New York
Water Heater Drain Line?

When I was winterizing my new to me 2011 FC 27FB I found a drain line connected to the cold water inlet line of the water heater, just before the bypass valve, that goes through the floor and comes out through the belly pan. No mention of it in the manual and can't figure out what it's for. Too high up to be a low point drain and the cold water inlet appears to enter the tank to high for it to be useful as a tank drain. You can see it at the bottom of the attached picture. Does anyone know why it's there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Heater.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	563.6 KB
ID:	228453  
kenen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago. I asked AS about it because I have one too. They told me it is a drain for an area that the low point drains do not drain.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
It is a low point drain for the supply line to the water heater.

Drain and blow the all low point valves one at a time when winterizing.

The drain for the tank is on the tank, bottom left in the picture, the brass pet-cock.(replacing the OEM plastic hex plug)
The air line is connected to the pressure relief valve to help force the water out and flush any scale build-up in the tank itself

Bob
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Delmar , New York
Thanks, missed that thread. Glad I blew the water out of it when i winterized.
kenen42 is offline   Reply With Quote