Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2022, 05:06 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Rochester , Michigan
Suburban Hot Water Heater Issues

I’m sure you’ve seen on the forums here but we just purchased a 2023 Basecamp 20x. We are on our second camping trip and we keep having problems with our Suburban hot water system. Out of nowhere, the hot water will quit all of a sudden. We have had it in the dealership and they cannot replicate the problem. The issue with these systems is usually water pressure but we have ruled that out as we are connected to city water. I have found a workaround by pulling the fuse and inserting it back in and it starts working immediately, but has anyone else had this problem? Like I said, I had it into the dealership 2 1/2 hours away from my home so I’m trying to avoid bring it back there if possible. Dealer tells me they cannot replicate the problem at the dealership and in order to make a warranty claim they have to show Suburban themselves. Any help is appreciated. My next step is to try and get help from Suburban directly.
ErickfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:05 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Granbury , Texas
There have been multiple posts about the tankless Suburban water heater. Can’t find them now. We went around in circles with the service dept at AirstreamDFW. On the 3rd attempt, they swapped the control board. We now have hot water.

We had spoken with tech support at Airstream. They said they had many reports of Suburban water heater issues.
MyronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 01:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2022 20' Basecamp
1968 17' Caravel
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronM View Post
There have been multiple posts about the tankless Suburban water heater. Can’t find them now. We went around in circles with the service dept at AirstreamDFW. On the 3rd attempt, they swapped the control board. We now have hot water.

We had spoken with tech support at Airstream. They said they had many reports of Suburban water heater issues.
I'm hoping that Airstream corporate issue a service bulletin directing dealers to replace the control boards. I'd rather not have to do constant work arounds.
SilverWind is offline   Reply With Quote