Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2021, 02:57 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Yup. Exactly. California, for one, is in a severe drought most areas, and water waste can get you a citation.
I regularly visit the Palm Springs area of California. These golf courses are getting torrents of water and it is a daily occurrence to see geysers of water from the course and residential watering systems from broken sprinklers and pipes. I have never seen nor heard of anyone getting a citation for these leaks. Stuff happens.

For a trailer you only need a regulator to protect pluming in the trailer. PEX tubing is rated at 160 psi @ 73F and 100 psi at 180F inside the trailer. So the built in regulator at 50 psi is more than enough. Typical residential garden hose pressure rating is around 300 psi. If you are hooked to a campground with water system pressures approaching 300 psi you should quickly see the problem with geysers blowing all over the park. So the weak link with a PEX equipped trailer is the PEX tubing seeing pressure above 100 psi.

A 50 psi regulator on the trailer and sturdy hose to the trailer has you covered.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:07 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Santa Cruz , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazbro View Post
Well in campgrounds that have less then 70 psi the extra regulator can cause problems but, if you go to a campground with more then 100 psi it is still a good idea.

[emoji106]
ByeCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:15 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Santa Cruz , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcj View Post
ByeCali, I have nothing to add other than I thoroughly enjoyed your writeup! And, I learned something. Thank you for brightening my day!

You’re welcome. I’ve learned so much from these forums because other more experienced people have taken the time to post; I’m glad to be able to add something.
ByeCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
Another Twist.........

We have a 21 GT with the tankless water heater. We have no other regulator than the built in one that comes on the AS. We are currently hooked up to city water here at a campground . This morning we could not get enough pressure to the shower to start the water heater, when we tried the bathroom and also the kitchen sinks hot water, it worked. I checked and it looks like the campground is providing me right around 50psi of water pressure. What are ya'll's thoughts on why we didn't have enough pressure in the shower but the other sinks we did...Has anyone bypassed the built-in regulator? And why not do it? I'd like to regulate that myself, I'm thinking I'm plenty responsible enough to do it. Thanks
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Exactly why. Hose can swell and burst at very high campground pressures. Especially in hot weather.
My wife as a saying that goes like this: "Do not buy anything for Airstream unless that anything broke".

My Interstate batteries died, and replaced them with Lion Energy lithium batteries.

I hate the water hose that came with the Flying Cloud and was hoping itll be worn out or burst before Oct 2 the first anniversary with Flying Cloud but NO! Maybe I should cut it to make it look like it burst then Ill buy a good water hose.

You have my permission to enter in my site and cut the water hose...

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:27 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Daytona Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzo View Post
We have a 21 GT with the tankless water heater. We have no other regulator than the built in one that comes on the AS. We are currently hooked up to city water here at a campground . This morning we could not get enough pressure to the shower to start the water heater, when we tried the bathroom and also the kitchen sinks hot water, it worked. I checked and it looks like the campground is providing me right around 50psi of water pressure. What are ya'll's thoughts on why we didn't have enough pressure in the shower but the other sinks we did...Has anyone bypassed the built-in regulator? And why not do it? I'd like to regulate that myself, I'm thinking I'm plenty responsible enough to do it. Thanks

Here's an update on this issue.............It appears operator error was the problem. By me telling what a dumba$$ I am it may help someone else. The problem with not having enough water flow/pressure to activate the WH was that the on/off switch on the shower head was depressed just a small amount, but enough to restrict the flow enough so the WH wouldn't work. Yup......I know

I still would like to get rid of the factory pressure regulator if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thanks
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote