Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Menlo Park , California
On demand heater getting to hot despite set temp

Hello there,

I know there were lots of discussions about on-demand/tankless water heaters, etc. Besides the pros and cons, I lately ran into an issue on our '21 Globetrotter, where the water simply got too hot.
We use the warm water in the shower full throttle and had it preset on the on-demand heater switch to like 104F (I believe). This worked fine for month, but lately whenever the shower was switched off (for eg soaping) and then on again the water will simply get crazy hot (more what feels like 112 or 115).

Just wondering if this is a common "problem", ie works as designed or should it "steadily" hold the oreset temp of like 104F and something might be wrong with our unit?

Cheers,
Chris
chrispe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:58 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Menlo Park , California
No-one ever seen a similar issue?
Old 08-30-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2021 22' Caravel
Bozeman , Montana
Mine is fine. I have it set to the hottest temp and it's as hot as I want it to me. Sorry that you're having problems.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:28 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Menlo Park , California
Thanks Brian!

Just wondering, because if that's the case then need to go to the dealer I guess, which I tried to avoid...