Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
New water Pump noisy

I fainally wa s able to fix the sucion line problem from the water tank and install the Jabsco Sensor MAX VSD pump in my 1976 A/S. Great pressure at all outlets and no leaks. But the pump is noisy. Vibrating from the time it come on unti it shuts dowm. It seems to be right at the pump. Any thoughts

Don
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
There are some nice threads on the forums about quieting pumps. Rubber floor gaskets, accumulator tank, insulating the hoses so they don't transmit vibration, etc.
Wilson wired repeater with YAG.
Two big screens
15dB Backfire WiFi antenna and WaveMagnum
Centramatics.
Hawkshead Tire Monitors.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh
I fainally wa s able to fix the sucion line problem from the water tank and install the Jabsco Sensor MAX VSD pump in my 1976 A/S. Great pressure at all outlets and no leaks. But the pump is noisy. Vibrating from the time it come on unti it shuts dowm. It seems to be right at the pump. Any thoughts

Don
ShurFlo Extreme Sensor 4.0 or 5.7 model....depending on how fast you want to empty your fresh water tank! These are the only pumps I install.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Hi Lew,

Are those pumps quiet? How's the reliability? I seem to recall when they first introduced them, that a lot of people had problems.

Thanks,
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
They come with a 3 year factory warranty and both are variable speed, so they run very quiet at low water demand and ramp up with increased usage. I've installed 13 this season and have not had one complaint yet.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh

Don
Go to the hardare store and get some hose clamps. The ones that encircle the hose, have a tab with a whole. Secure the water lines to and from the pump. This should reduce the noise. I had my output water line banging against the floor.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
I tried the clamps and other things. Still was noisy. So I disconnected the output line going to the trailer and connected another hose with a hose end faucet. Then connected a water hose to run out side. Still noisy so that eliminated the pex and other possible vibrating in the trailer. I then took the pump out all together and hooked up a short suction line to a bucket of water. Still noisy. I took off the "Pump Guard" filter that came with the pump and hooked up the line direct. Not as noisy, but still not quite like it is supposed to be.

So I think it is just the pump. This is the Jabsco Sensor Max VSD that should be comparable the to the ShurFlo sensor 4.0.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Are you saying you have hard lines to your pump?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
No from the water tank is a rubber hose with stainless steel spring wire inside so that it will not collapse. The output side connects to the pex pipes that run through my trailer to the fixtures. I also tried a short rubber hose from the pump connected to the pex, but still noisy. As I said even with the pump out and pumping water from a bucket its still noisy. I think it must be the pump.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:50 AM   #10
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
This months "Trailer Life" suggests bolting a noisy water pump to a separate board. Then apply a layer of foam or other vibration absorbing material under that board. Then gluing the foam surface, not bolting, to the floor.

Tom
Wilson wired repeater with YAG.
Two big screens
15dB Backfire WiFi antenna and WaveMagnum
Centramatics.
Hawkshead Tire Monitors.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by henw
This months "Trailer Life" suggests bolting a noisy water pump to a separate board. Then apply a layer of foam or other vibration absorbing material under that board. Then gluing the foam surface, not bolting, to the floor.

Tom
That's what I did, it helps, but can only quiet it so much.
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote