Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
new water pump - Jabsco sensor max 14

I found a great deal on a new jabsco sensor max 14 VSD 3.7 GPM water pump that I want to install in 1976 A/S. The instructions that came with it appear to be pretty straight forward with clear step by step directions. It came with various fittings and the Jabsco pump guard strainer. It recommends that a 15 amp on/off switch and 15 amp fuse be installed which I will need to pick these up. It also shows a Jabsco check valve installed on the feed line to the hot water heater.

Has anyone installed one of these pumps, I would appreciate your comments on the install and operation.

Thanks

Don Hardman
1976 31' Sovereign
Texas Coastal Plains Unit
WBCCI #1068
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Jabsco was the original brand water pump on your '76 , not sure what model you bought . Does it have an external motor and a belt? You should already have a fused feed for the water pump unless someone removed it for some reason . Can't help on the HW check valve , as far as I know mine does not have one and I don't see the need for it.

Some correction , Par was the original pump brand , Jabsco was the original motor brand on the Par pump.
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticki2
Jabsco was the original brand water pump on your '76 , not sure what model you bought . Does it have an external motor and a belt?
Yes the old "Par" pump is still there with the external motor and belt.. I have had the A/S for 8 years and it has never worked. There was a lot of freeze damage to the water lines and fixtures when I got it so the pump was probably damaged as well. There is power to the pump so I should be OK there. I will just need to install a new on/off switch. I am not sure about the water heater back flow valve either there is not one on the trailer now. maybe that is a newer feature.

Thanks Don
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote