Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Raymore , Missouri
Need help with removing water heater

I have a 94 34ft that we must have had a line freeze and break during the winter. We have found the broken line, but cant get to it without removing the water heater. Anybody know how to remove the water heater so we can get to it? Thanks
walker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1984 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
charleton , Illinois
I just removed the H2O heater in my 84 sov. The way "it " was removed are as follows: The exterior door needs to drop down to reveal the screws around the perimeter of the compartment. Remove all these (15-20) screws. Next use a putty knife to break the sealent around the edges of the unit.The H2O heater should pull straight out to allow access to the flex water lines. There was a really a lot of sealent on mine and it was a lot of work breaking the seal. Hope this is of help.
jerry d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
My trailer is an old antique. To remove the water heater, I removed the water lines, shut off the gas at tanks, removed gas line, removed belt trim, removed door, removed screws at outside location, removed scribe metal trim inside, broke outside seal with a painter's 5 way tool, and pulled the heater out from the outside. My blog shows my heater removal.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote