Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
burnet , Texas
leak

glad to be back on the forum!
2019 international '27
water leaking out on the floor from under the bathroom cabinets. appears only when the hot water heater is on.
next avalabel at the dealer is in January. any ideas?
thanks a bunch.
John
jrob793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
What do you mean by water heater ON? It leaks when you open the faucet? when you have pressure in the hot water pipe? water heater is full? Makes no sense that it leaks when you turn the heater switch on...
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:12 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Suggest you open the cabinet below the sink where the hot water heater is located and see if you can observe anything obvious like a failed pex connector.

I believe the full plumbing schematic will be on the airstream dot com website.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I can't help myself.
You will never find a "hot water heater" in an RV.
They only require "water heaters".
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:41 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
burnet , Texas
Leak

Never mind. I asked my question hoping for some help. Instead i am ridiculed for misnaming the appliance.
You guys have fun with this and i will figure it out
jrob793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:52 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Don't take offense...this is a standard running joke sort of like getting the junior seaman to go find the relative bearing grease. I (we) would like to help but we need more info than you provided.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:57 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
jrob793 - really?
You get three responses: one asking you to clarify your situation so somebody could actually do some meaningful analysis, one making a suggestion on where to look for the problem and providing a possible resource to help you, and one joshing about a common malapropism. And you think all you're getting is ridicule? I don't think that was the intent, but it was still only one out of three responses.
Of course, it's your call - if you want to walk away from what is probably the most valuable resource available to Airstreamers, you can always call Jackson Center or just wait until January. You have fun with that. Meanwhile, I think Larry has pointed you to the right track and you will find that helpful in your search for the source of the water.
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
jrob792 - I was thinking about this while feeding the horses. If by "when the hot water heater is on" you really mean "when we're running hot water", then I would start by checking the valves at the faucet first. Whether your water heater is on or not, the system is going to be pressurized, so if the problem was with a connector, it would leak any time your water is pressurized (street water or via the water pump). So if the leak is intermittent, it seems like it would be tied to the part of the system you are changing (hot water from off to on). I would start by depressurizing the system and disassembling the hot water valve - there might be a defect in there.
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Santa Fe Springs , California
I have got waters behind the toilet of my 17’ 25FB. I believe the water actually came from the water heater underneath the closet in bedroom, which is right next to the restroom. I found some loose connectors and tightened them.
Hope this helps!
pickupjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:17 AM   #10
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob793 View Post
glad to be back on the forum!
2019 international '27
water leaking out on the floor from under the bathroom cabinets. appears only when the hot water heater is on.
next avalabel at the dealer is in January. any ideas?
thanks a bunch.
John
Hi jrob793,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*